Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Sgt.Pinback on January 20, 2016, 07:06:56 PM

Title: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 20, 2016, 07:06:56 PM
Hello Gurus,

I know there are differences, but I allways forget them...

Can you please check what I've got here as spare cylinder heads..... KO or not KO ?

No. 1
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 20, 2016, 07:15:54 PM
...........
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: JamesH on January 20, 2016, 07:25:45 PM
Reinforcement rib profile is wrong for K0 - so not K0 in my book.
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 20, 2016, 07:28:59 PM
Number 2
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 20, 2016, 07:31:32 PM
and No. 3
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: AshimotoK0 on January 20, 2016, 07:58:18 PM
agree not K0
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 20, 2016, 08:18:18 PM
Thanks so far... what about No. 2 and No. 3?
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: UK Pete on January 20, 2016, 08:22:06 PM
None of them early  ko
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 20, 2016, 08:27:29 PM
Thanks again. What a great forum this is!

I´ve been asked for a head. Think I will give away No 2. What may I ask for a head without brocken fins .... 50€ ?


Edit:

"not early KO"  ...what does that mean, sandcast  ?...... mine are dicast 16.xxx and 18.xxx

Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: AshimotoK0 on January 20, 2016, 08:29:32 PM
see here.

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,129949.msg1458757.html#msg1458757

Do you have any spare barrels?
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 20, 2016, 08:34:36 PM

Do you have any spare barrels?


Qu´est que-c´est?
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: AshimotoK0 on January 20, 2016, 08:40:09 PM
Cylinders, jugs, the things the pistons slide inside  :D
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 20, 2016, 09:06:06 PM
Only one left.
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 20, 2016, 09:08:38 PM
.... so the heads are something K2 or later?

Can you identify the cylinder?
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: AshimotoK0 on January 20, 2016, 09:36:31 PM
Barrels look K0 to me .. What are the bores like? Mileage?
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: Trigger on January 20, 2016, 10:07:42 PM
.... so the heads are something K2 or later?

Can you identify the cylinder?
All the heads are from late 750. Not sure what they used in Germany but, the UK K2 was fitted with the early head and differ to the USA unit.
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: steff750 on January 20, 2016, 10:26:47 PM
Quote
and No. 3

that is a k0 it has five supports on cooling fins and bigger oil feed jets
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 21, 2016, 08:03:11 AM
Barrels look K0 to me .. What are the bores like? Mileage?

Thank you again for that info!

The bores look very nice. What you see inside is grease to protect from rust.

No idea about the mileage.
All that stuff (and a lot more, mostly sold via eBay all over the world in the meantime  -  I bet some of you got parts from me) came from the PO when I bought the KO.
Unfortunately, he died at the age of 80 (its a one owner bike from new) so I couldn't speak to him. Bought it from the inheritors.

Maybe this is the original cylinder of the bike. The bike itself has more than 240 tkm.

I will keep that as a spare part.
Title: Re: Cylinder head CB750
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 21, 2016, 08:06:39 AM
Quote
and No. 3

that is a k0 it has five supports on cooling fins and bigger oil feed jets

To be honest, I assumed that No.3 could be a KO- candidate.