Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Sgt.Pinback on January 22, 2016, 07:46:47 PM
-
New DID rims cost about 130 - 140 Euros each.
So what do I do with my old rims, that have faded chrome and some rust spots?
De - chroming, grinding and re- chroming would me cost more or less the same as a new one.
What would you do?
Any differences between old rims and new rims?
As far as I can see the new ones have the dimensions engraved on the flanks, my old ones don't
-
Those scripted rims are horrid IMHO. BUT perfectly functional and I am just an anorak WAISAD. Rechrome your originals for between £75 and £110 if you want your bike to be totally original and top ££££ in value. Tell the chromer to be careful to retain the DID diamond logo.
-
Those scripted rims are horrid IMHO. BUT perfectly functional and I am just an anorak WAISAD. Rechrome your originals for between £75 and £110 if you want your bike to be totally original and top ££££ in value. Tell the chromer to be careful to retain the DID diamond logo.
Thanks! Do the new rims have that DID diamond logo too?
I have no idea what an anorak WAISAD is, but I think that's what I am too.
-
I have no idea what an anorak WAISAD is...
Anorak: individual with very strong interests, borderline obsessive, within niche subjects (but not socially impaired, contrary to nerd ;D )
WAISAD: when all is said and done... ;) (wenn alles gesagt und getan ist, AKA zu guter letzt)
Methinks alone the fact that we're dealing with (those) old rigs, qualifies for the attribute 8)
-
Ha ha .. I was slightly oiled (=too much red wine when I wrote that) so I made up WAISAD to see if anyone would work it out.
That's me definitely an anorak ;D.
Just checked a 'scripted' rim and they dont have the DID diamond logo. The original DID rims were made in Japan and the ones they sell now are made in Indonesia. The new Genuine Honda part is basically a scripted DID rim in Honda packaging + more money.
Don't get me wrong... the news ones are good quality and decent chroming, just crapppy scripting stamped on one side of the rim.
Cheers ... Ash
-
Thanks again!
-
Horrid!!![attachimg=1]
-
Agree.
On original rims are no production date as on Kawa rims from those days?
-
Agree.
On original rims are no production date as on Kawa rims from those days?
No date code on original D.I.D. that is on the Takasago rims fitted to other makes ( like Suzuki)