Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: davecara on February 02, 2016, 05:09:32 PM

Title: Thought I better get the first post out of the way!
Post by: davecara on February 02, 2016, 05:09:32 PM
Hi folks, I'm Dave from Wirral, currently doing a very slow resto on my uncles 400/4 with my Dad (who's on here somewhere I think)
Got it all stripped and looking for somewhere decent to get the frame refinished
Title: Re: Thought I better get the first post out of the way!
Post by: JamesH on February 02, 2016, 05:17:44 PM
Welcome Dave, good to have you here.
Title: Re: Thought I better get the first post out of the way!
Post by: Trigger on February 02, 2016, 06:02:03 PM
Welcome to the mad world of the SOHC, loads of good advise to be had. Enjoy
Title: Re: Thought I better get the first post out of the way!
Post by: Drew400 on February 02, 2016, 06:17:35 PM
Welcome Dave.

I chose to have my frame painted professionally as that's how they were treated originally. Lots of pro and anti arguments about all of the various finishes, so your choice, naturally. I don't regret my choice, but not sure which is best if your bike is going to be a daily runner rather than a dry weather toy (mine's the latter as it deserves a long dry retirement after years of seemingly neglectful use).

Cheers, D.
Title: Re: Thought I better get the first post out of the way!
Post by: davecara on February 02, 2016, 07:18:50 PM
It'll be strictly fair weather after the life it's had!! My Dads already put some engine pics up I think (BrianC500) he's got that a his place, I've got all the grotty bits with me!
I'll get some before and during pictures up this evening
Title: Re: Thought I better get the first post out of the way!
Post by: mike the bike on February 02, 2016, 08:36:58 PM
Look forward to the piccies when you get around to it.
Title: Re: Thought I better get the first post out of the way!
Post by: Nurse Julie on February 02, 2016, 10:25:17 PM
Welcome Dave. Great to have another 400/4 owner on the forum. Have fun.
Title: Re: Thought I better get the first post out of the way!
Post by: davecara on February 02, 2016, 11:13:23 PM
Look forward to the piccies when you get around to it.

Not long posted a load up in the projects section, some "before" and "during" shots :)
Title: Re: Thought I better get the first post out of the way!
Post by: UK Pete on February 03, 2016, 06:37:03 AM
Hi dave welcome aboard fella
Title: Re: Thought I better get the first post out of the way!
Post by: Krzychu on February 03, 2016, 05:07:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Dave :)