Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: adriangsmith on February 04, 2016, 12:01:57 PM

Title: Yoshi style pipe in the UK??
Post by: adriangsmith on February 04, 2016, 12:01:57 PM
I'm after a set of Yoshi styled baffled pipes for my CB750 F1.
Is there anywhere UK based that i can buy a set?
Happy with good condition used pipes if available.
Cheers

Adrian
Title: Re: Yoshi style pipe in the UK??
Post by: Bryanj on February 05, 2016, 05:24:46 PM
If you find any you may have to fit the early exhaust stubs as I don't think Yoshi made them for the F
Title: Re: Yoshi style pipe in the UK??
Post by: K2-K6 on February 05, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
A friend of mine has 750 F2  with collet type exhaust clamps (std on F2) still with the original yoshi pipe fitted.
Title: Re: Yoshi style pipe in the UK??
Post by: JamesH on February 05, 2016, 08:22:54 PM
This is good value from Yamiya....

http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=251_142_88&products_id=670
Title: Re: Yoshi style pipe in the UK??
Post by: UK Pete on February 06, 2016, 12:16:07 PM
Its the import duties and postage that kill the deal though james, carpy in the usa does a good looking pipe as well , i can never understand ian from motad  not making the pipes, he said they did not produce power gains and were not worth making, so bloody what people still want to buy them , and a uk firm could really do well selling them here i think
pete
Title: Re: Yoshi style pipe in the UK??
Post by: JamesH on February 06, 2016, 12:31:22 PM
I bear you Pete. But these are hand bent pipes and IMHO look fantastic. I have a set of these waiting to go onto a K1 that's up next...
Title: Re: Yoshi style pipe in the UK??
Post by: yozzer74 on February 06, 2016, 01:05:45 PM
I got mine from carpy he does help you out with import duty.Think I paid 23 pounds in duty
Title: Re: Yoshi style pipe in the UK??
Post by: neat street on February 06, 2016, 02:05:43 PM
got mine from Carpy as well, he does help you out.
John
Title: Re: Yoshi style pipe in the UK??
Post by: adriangsmith on February 07, 2016, 08:24:36 AM
Thanks All,
I've been looking at the Carpy ones but was a bit concerned with postage and import duty.
I'll drop him a line and see what deal we can sort out.
Cheers
Adrian
Title: Re: Yoshi style pipe in the UK??
Post by: westfieldandy on March 06, 2016, 01:24:46 PM
Carpy's pipes look like they should work well and price is not too bad, especially if he helps etc,

My 'smith honda cr750' which rob wittey took to victory in 750, and 1300 uk classes last year, went through several types of exhaust in its racing life,  initially with 4 into 4 open megga's, then we went to 4 into 1 sytems, and a larger can for baffling to get within uk sound regs.

I imported one of the curved hand bent yosh systems from japan (not the same as carpys) Rob my rider had a good look at the sytem,  the baffle was terrible, and internally were all the pipes are let into the collector nothing was finished properly with ends all bashing together. just stuffed in and welded.

Rob spent a lot of time fettling this area, because we thought the system should work. the baffle was left out because it was useless and we would have needed to make something suitable if the system proved to be better.

but after all this, and rejetting to suit the system gave 3hp more than our original system but this was only between the 9 to 10k rev range, the rest of the revrange was below power and less tractable.

So what was our original system based on. ?????

The header pipes were an old motad 4 into 1, I heated and bent them slightly to be as close to sump as possible, and Rob did his 'special' mod to the collector as he sort of turned into a bit of an expert with the die grinder. the rest of the system was home made to be as tight to the bike as possible and to try and look a bit period as far as possible and have a 1oodb noise pass, as well as being straight thro type baffling.

The next test would be one of carpy's,  or a lighter weight version of what we have.  but we beat em all any way. so I suppose its not so important now.

andy
Title: Re: Yoshi style pipe in the UK??
Post by: yozzer74 on March 07, 2016, 06:27:30 PM
I fitted my pipe from carpy other day not very impressed with the fitment .it's touching the sump when fully tightened up .
Title: Re: Yoshi style pipe in the UK??
Post by: Greebo on March 20, 2016, 02:30:12 PM
I know this is not a Yoshi style set up below on ebay, but this is what I have on my bike & I think he will do the Yoshi style, check out his website

[ CycleX USA ]
http://www.cyclexchange.net/Honda%20SOHC%20High%20Performance%20Exhaust%20Page.htm

by the way my system & bike shown in the advert below cost me £450.00 inclusive of delivery & taxes, but I did not buy it off ebay I did via email with Jim the owner of CycleX, But maybe the price has gone up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-cb750-sohc-4-into-2-exhaust-system-Vintage-Cafe-Restore-Bobber-/201526442281
Title: Re: Yoshi style pipe in the UK??
Post by: Saisei on March 21, 2016, 06:12:26 PM
Not sure if this will fit yours but might interest someone.

http://www.saisei-europe.com/Shop/Products/c/all-products/p/an-aftermarket-complete-exhaust-yoshimura-typeblack-fits-cb750