Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MarkCR750 on February 04, 2016, 06:29:05 PM

Title: Dry your bike for less!
Post by: MarkCR750 on February 04, 2016, 06:29:05 PM
If you are like me and can't resist riding through the winter and therefore having to wash all the crud off when you get home here a top tip, don't buy a dedicated bike blower for £80+, get a pet blower on eBay for around £50, they are exactly the same, just sayin.
Title: Re: Dry your bike for less!
Post by: Honda Al on February 05, 2016, 05:32:18 PM
Well blow me, you're right! Yep, pun intended. Quick compare on ebay and they are almost identical.

Cheers, I was thinking of getting one.
Title: Re: Dry your bike for less!
Post by: Nurse Julie on February 05, 2016, 06:16:42 PM
You can pick up a Hairdryer from Argos for less than a tenner, good for smaller bikes I expect  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Dry your bike for less!
Post by: ST1100 on February 05, 2016, 06:50:29 PM
You can pick up a Hairdryer from Argos...
Which isn't even nearly as much fun...

(http://i.imgur.com/33RqeFB.gif)

 ;D
Title: Re: Dry your bike for less!
Post by: MarkCR750 on February 05, 2016, 10:19:33 PM
Nurse Julie, yes great for a 1/32 scale 🌞
ST1100 I'm sort of hoping the person holding the dog is female?, otherwise we could be witnessing an appalling image of pooch abuse!
Title: Re: Dry your bike for less!
Post by: Orcade-Ian on February 06, 2016, 03:26:54 PM
So, have I got this right then?  You dry the bike with the dog?

Ian
Title: Re: Dry your bike for less!
Post by: Nurse Julie on February 06, 2016, 03:32:03 PM
Oh no, I sense this thread is going off tack, the same way as the sewing machine one  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Dry your bike for less!
Post by: Orcade-Ian on February 06, 2016, 06:08:03 PM
When I was 'darn sarf in lanky shire' and a member of the Jag Drivers Club, we had a real good friend with a Pomeranian and I oft remarked that it would make a great polishing mop. I even spotted a good place to fix the handle for hard to reach places. 🙈

Please don't send me back down there!
Ian
Title: Re: Dry your bike for less!
Post by: ST1100 on February 06, 2016, 06:27:21 PM
Yeah, and I'm getting marked for addressing Maltese as Swiffer...  ;)
I mean really, 2 zip-ties and a stick is all it needs...  ;D
Title: Re: Dry your bike for less!
Post by: Johnwebley on February 06, 2016, 06:36:27 PM
how about this ??


   http://www.screwfix.com/p/energer-2000w-heat-gun-240v/59740



  I use it to warm stuff up



  and it doesn't eat or drink,or pee on the floor
Title: Re: Dry your bike for less!
Post by: ST1100 on February 07, 2016, 05:45:05 AM
how about this ??
http://www.screwfix.com/p/energer-2000w-heat-gun-240v/59740
I'm sure Julie melts for that one...  ;)

They've quite a low but seriously hot air-flow, risk of damaging plastic, cable sleeving and paint (or Julie's powder-coating...)

I use them for applying shrink tubes, to remove/installing bearings (instead of a blow-torch) or to soften those stubborn carb isolators...
Title: Re: Dry your bike for less!
Post by: MarkCR750 on February 07, 2016, 07:00:09 PM
Yes they are a great tool, I've freed of corroded bolts with them they get so hot, drying your bike with one would be a tad expensive though, respray, new plastic bits etc etc 😀