Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Valentinik on February 08, 2016, 08:13:10 PM
-
I'd like to replace the primary shaft bearings in my '77 550k3. They feel a little rough due to the of the amount of water that had contaminated the oil in the engine I imagine.
Can anyone point me in the direct of the correct bearing and where i might find them?
Thanks
Mike
-
one end is a 6322 the other a 6205 and the needle roller in the middle is a special
-
Thanks for the info both. I have removed the bearings today, the end bearing in the case is an NTN item 6205 and the bearing on the shaft is also NTN but has a part number of 63 / 22 A. Would this be the 6322 Bryan mentioned? As they are NTN not koyo, would this be an indication they have been replaced at some point?
Thanks
Mike
-
Thanks for the info Oddjob.
I emailed hendersons to confirm whether the picture or text was incorrect and they have confirmed it is a bare item and updated the website.
Mike