Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: paulbaker1954 on February 09, 2016, 08:25:35 AM
-
Just rebuilding my Master Cylinder and have a ? I am sure I have seen this ? before somewhere but cant find it !!
There are two holes in the base of the reservoir. One is clear and reatively large the other is my problem. Is it a very small hole or what. I tried poking with the end of a safety pin but hesitant to get more agreesive until I know what it should be like.
Hopefully picture is self explanatory
-
yes its a tiny hole and it must be clear to work properly
-
I managed to make things worse by breaking the end of a pin in the tiny hole as I tried to clear it of years of hardened gunge.
I thought I needed a new one until a very nice man drilled the hole out with a pillar drill and a tiny bit. The crucial thing then is to make sure there is no swarf sticking out into the master cylinder bore, ripping up your seal with potentially disastrous consequences.
-
The only thing I found to clear the hole was to snip a bristle from my wire brush and it worked a treat. No pin in the house was small enough
-
Hey peter thats a great tip - thanks !!
-
To see if its clear get one of the small torches (on obviously) and put it over the hole and look down the bore to see if you can "See The Light"
-
To see if its clear get one of the small torches (on obviously) and put it over the hole and look down the bore to see if you can "See The Light"
To see the light at the over side of the tunnel, first you must find the tunnel ;D ;D
-
You can't possibly see the light at the end of the tunnel Trigger as contrary to the rumour that it has been turned off to save money in fact the bulb has been nicked!!
-
In my experience light at the end of the tunnel means there's another train coming
-
Not if its the Salperton tunnel
-
Or the Blisworth tunnel ;)
-
Love the way these posts go off at tangent. No real interest in hoes in brake cylinder but banter great off topic..
-
To see if its clear get one of the small torches (on obviously) and put it over the hole and look down the bore to see if you can "See The Light"
To see the light at the over side of the tunnel, first you must find the tunnel ;D ;D
Light at the end of the tunnel? It was some bu***r with a torch bringing me more work!
-
There's never light at the end of the tunnel, only more hassle.
-
If you can't see light at the end of the tunnel, poke it with a wire brush bristle. There, back on track.