Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Philb on February 18, 2016, 03:27:44 PM

Title: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: Philb on February 18, 2016, 03:27:44 PM
Hi, Its Phil here from Lancaster
I'm new to this forum malarkey but I'm sure I will get used to it.
I used to have a few 750 SOHC Honda's but my nicest was a 1977 Seeley Honda 750F1. This was built for me from the proceeds of an Insurance payout for a previous bike accident
As usually happens, I got married and the bike unfortunately had to go. I have since acquired another Seeley that I intend to modify and re create the original bike as close as I can.
I also had another project that involved a Seeley frame and bits but I also bought a donor bike, a Honda CB750F2 in very nice condition.
This bike will be for sale in the near future as its now surplus
There will be parts from the new Seeley for sale as well such as an original Phil Read replica fairing and possibly the exhaust system.
I am looking for a Yoshimura four into one for the Seeley, if anyone knows if these are available
Some photos of the old bike just for info
If anyone's interested in the fairing or knows about the exhaust, just get in touch
regards
Phil
   
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: Johnwebley on February 18, 2016, 05:10:38 PM
very nice !!!

  and welcome to the fun world of sohc,

 lots of friendly banter,advice and help.

 enjoy
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: UK Pete on February 18, 2016, 05:59:14 PM
Hi phil welcome aboard fella
pete
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: JamesH on February 18, 2016, 06:07:27 PM
Welcome Phil.
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: Philb on February 18, 2016, 07:45:18 PM
Hi guys.
Thanks for your welcoming comments. Looking forwards to sharing lots of info in the coming months
Phil
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: philward on February 18, 2016, 10:20:03 PM
Hi Phil
Welcome to the forum - great bunch on here
Phil
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: Green1 on February 18, 2016, 10:26:27 PM
Welcome from me too +1 with Phil great bunch

Mick
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: yozzer74 on February 19, 2016, 07:20:12 AM
Hi Phil welcome think you will have to look overseas for a yosi rep pipe .don't think you will find one over here
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: mick on February 19, 2016, 09:06:01 AM
Hi Phil and welcome from another Lancastrian  ;) nice looking bike  8), were in Lancaster are you ? I'm up on Hala , cheers Mick.
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: Philb on February 19, 2016, 10:06:08 AM
Hi Mick
Thanks for the welcome reply. I live just outside of Lancaster , in Brookhouse.
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: Chris400F on February 19, 2016, 10:11:05 AM
I am looking for a Yoshimura four into one for the Seeley, if anyone knows if these are available
Have you seen this thread?
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,9596.msg67560.html#msg67560
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: mick on February 19, 2016, 08:33:12 PM
I know Brookhouse well phil, I pass through there a lot when I'm out on my bikes  ;) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: Philb on February 22, 2016, 12:58:51 PM
Hi Chris. Thanks for the info on the Yoshi pipes. I will investigate that avenue and see what transpires. Who is |the "Carpy" that is mentioned. Is he a US aftermarket shop

Hi Mick. Your welcome to call in sometime when your passing
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: Chris400F on February 22, 2016, 01:26:42 PM
Think this is the place: http://carpyscaferacers.com/
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: masonmart on February 22, 2016, 06:01:01 PM
Hi, my name is Martin and I'm new to this forum. I've previously owned but recently sold a CB750 and CB400 but have just bought a Dresda 550 fitted with a big bore 600cc kit which I'm restoring. It was in very sorry condition having been impounded by foreign customs when near new and being kept outside for many years. The plus points are that it's done very few miles and hopefully it'll produce a quite special bike when finished. It uses a tiny lightweight Dresda frame with CB550 electrics, hubs, brakes, hydraulics, etc. Everything has gone well so far but having taken the engine apart for blasting and painting I found that the crank cases have been welded in a few places and pretty badly so I'm looking for replacements or even an engine that I can rebuild from the best bits.
Title: Re: New to the SOHC forum
Post by: MCTID on February 23, 2016, 11:41:41 AM
Hi Martin......if you advise where you live, other Members may be able to help you with replacement cases or a good local Welder who may be able to repair them properly.

Welcome to the Forum and good luck. Photos are always welcome especially of anything Mr Degens graced with his considerable talent.