Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Skoti on February 21, 2016, 06:33:38 PM
-
Posts: 22
View Profile
Honda CB750F1 1976
Personal Message (Online)
Hi,
I managed to buy a new old stock genuine Honda CB750F1 top gasket set (part no 06110-393-S00).
It has only two rubber 'o' rings for the oil feed to the cylinder head. (part no 91310-426-000) 11x2.5mm.
When I dismantled the motor it had two fitted with the cylinder base gasket and two fitted with the cylinder head gasket.
My question is have Honda deleted the requirement for the other two 'o' rings from the cylinder base gasket or the cylinder head gasket?
Not sure where to fit the two supplied 'o' rings!
regards
Skoti.
-
Don't know about 750's, but a top-end gasket set is exactly that, ie. above the cylinders, below that usually needs at least a base gasket plus? new orings
-
Have to disagree slightly I'm afraid. I reckon a top gasket set is from the crankcase up so should include the base gasket and any necessary seals.
-
Yes, the top gasket set includes a cylinder base gasket.
Just Google 06110-393-S00 and you'll find a CMSNL result where there is a photo of the Honda CB750F1 gasket set contents.
If somebody could advise me where to fit the two oil feed 'o' rings supplied with this gasket set - on the base gasket or head gasket?
-
In Ash's Dropbox (http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,8884.0.html) there are the CB750 K0-.K8, F SHOP MANUAL and 750F1 PARTS MANUAL.
I think page 36 of the Shop manual will answer your question.
-
Yes, the top gasket set includes a cylinder base gasket.
Just Google 06110-393-S00 and you'll find a CMSNL result where there is a photo of the Honda CB750F1 gasket set contents.
If somebody could advise me where to fit the two oil feed 'o' rings supplied with this gasket set - on the base gasket or head gasket?
Both, cylinder base and cylinder head (2 each of 11x2.5), the lower O rings are shown on the crankcase diagram.
(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/CB750F1/cb750f1%20crankcase_zps9cvby0qf.jpg)
(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/CB750F1/BARRELS%20F1_zpsgrmmmopi.jpg)
Cheers
Dennis
-
Thanks for your reply and the info from the old Honda parts list which seems clear enough.
Still can't understand why a new unopened genuine Honda top gasket kit only includes two oil feed 'o' rings though.
I notice CB750 cylinder head gasket improvements have led to several part number supersessions as the years have gone by.
Perhaps Honda have deemed it unnecessary to fit four oil feed 'o' rings, would that explain why only two are supplied with the kit?
Maybe someone out there who works for Honda will be able to advise further on this matter?
-
Anyone working for Honda these days would not have a clue what we talk about on this forum. Most Honda mechanics/engineers are just fitters these days, and would not know what a carburettor, points, strobe light or a floating caliper is ;D
Take a old Honda to a main dealer and watch them scratch there heads ;)
-
Thanks for your reply and the info from the old Honda parts list which seems clear enough.
Still can't understand why a new unopened genuine Honda top gasket kit only includes two oil feed 'o' rings though.
I notice CB750 cylinder head gasket improvements have led to several part number supersessions as the years have gone by.
Perhaps Honda have deemed it unnecessary to fit four oil feed 'o' rings, would that explain why only two are supplied with the kit?
Maybe someone out there who works for Honda will be able to advise further on this matter?
I've found that most gasket sets do not have all the necessary "O" rings you have to buy them separately, I've got a DS bag with "O" rings in behind me a a shelf now for my CB750F2 whose supposedly complete gasket set did not have them in.
Cheers
Dennis
-
Was your CB750F2 gasket set from Dave Silvers a genuine Honda gasket set and did it not include all the 'o' rings?
If so that probably helps answer my question.
-
Neither of the two gasket sets (F1 and F2) had all the "O" rings in them and both were from DS, I can' remember whether they were Honda or not as it was quite a few years ago.
Cheers
Dennis
-
I had the same issue recently.
Both oil control o rings and the stud o rings were missing from the DS kit.
DS ripped me off for £10 for 4 of the oil control o rings.
I bought the stud orings off ebay as they are now discontinued from honda.
Bit of a poor show when it states full engine gasket kit and the most common use is a top end strip down and these orings are missing.
-
Its a long time since i used genuine sets but i seem to remember that if it is shown on the crankcase page its part of a bottom set, Honda NEVER sold complete sets
-
Yes I see what you mean, but it's a bit confusing when the cylinder base gasket is included in the kit but not the oil feed 'o' rings.
Anyway I've re-built the top end with new 'o' rings fitted to crankcase as well and all seems good. :)