Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: royhall on February 26, 2016, 06:49:18 PM
-
Just finishing off Alan's (MCTID) CB750K4 engine.
I have used a Cruzinimage gasket set, and may I say it will be the last time. It is cheap for a reason.
Most of the casing gaskets fit okay but they are larger than they need to be and stick out of the joints. The head gasket has gone in the bin as the dowel holes are punched too close together so the gasket won't lie flat against the barrels, and if pushed down crumples on the thin bit around the cam chain tunnel. There are no o-ring seals for the oil supply galleries to the head (4 off), nor any head bolt cover seals (Pontefract Cakes). The seal for the starter cover is too small. No o-rings for under the cam towers. Etc etc.
This has to be the most incomplete gasket set I have ever used.
Anybody else had this problem with the Cruzinimage kits for other models.
-
Good info Roy now I won't be buying those, so whos gaskets are you going to use?
Thanks.
-
TBH I won't be buying anything from them .. heard differing reports so best stay clear in my book. I suppose I am as guilty as the next man in that we are often prepared to spend a small fortune on paint, chroming etc but squawk at prices of Genuine engine parts.. I think OEM supplied parts are fine like ART pistons and Riken rings but to fit a dubious engine part other than these is spoiling the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar ( well not quite that cheap but you know what I mean). Trigger will shoot me down in flames over this I know.
-
I got a first oversize piston kit from them for my hustler, £36 for 2 pistons with gudgeon pins, rings and circlips, they arrived within 3 days and seem fine, I got them weighed at work and they were virtually identical in weight , the machinist that did the rebore said the Pistons appeared to be well made, I've had them in for 1k miles now, so far so good!, I did a fair bit checking on various forums and in the main the reports were positive but when people have had issues with parts cruzinimage would not respond to emails, thanks for the warning about their gasket sets Roy we can all steer clear of them for such parts.
-
That's reassuring i have a 750 set on the way 1mm o/s pistons
Trigger is ok with them.
I'll report back when they get here
-
I have used their pistons in a 750 and a 350F and confirm that they are very well made. The gasket sets are only adequate to say the least. The clutches appear to be pretty good as are the carb repair kits (although I have a question mark over the 750 float valves).
-
I bought from them a 400 Four and 550 k3, carbs kit, all perfect about it.
Regards.
-
TBH I won't be buying anything from them .. heard differing reports so best stay clear in my book. I suppose I am as guilty as the next man in that we are often prepared to spend a small fortune on paint, chroming etc but squawk at prices of Genuine engine parts.. I think OEM supplied parts are fine like ART pistons and Riken rings but to fit a dubious engine part other than these is spoiling the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar ( well not quite that cheap but you know what I mean). Trigger will shoot me down in flames over this I know.
Ash, are you referring to Trigger - Associate CEO of Cruzinimage ? ;D ;D ;D I purchased a carb kit off of them last year, all parts fitted really well and I did plenty of miles and had no problems at all. I have just purchased rings for my CB550 from them and do not anticipate any problems.
-
TBH I won't be buying anything from them .. heard differing reports so best stay clear in my book. I suppose I am as guilty as the next man in that we are often prepared to spend a small fortune on paint, chroming etc but squawk at prices of Genuine engine parts.. I think OEM supplied parts are fine like ART pistons and Riken rings but to fit a dubious engine part other than these is spoiling the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar ( well not quite that cheap but you know what I mean). Trigger will shoot me down in flames over this I know.
Ash, are you referring to Trigger - Associate CEO of Cruzinimage ? ;D ;D ;D I purchased a carb kit off of them last year, all parts fitted really well and I did plenty of miles and had no problems at all. I have just purchased rings for my CB550 from them and do not anticipate any problems.
Thought he was co owner of 99p shop ;D ;D. Probably me being too fussy Julie
-
+1 on the carb kits. I bought 4 for the Katana, no problems found. After reading this thread, I'd avoid his gasket sets though.
-
I too have used a carb kit with no problems.
Personally I have no problem with buying some items from a supplier where the quality seems OK and not buying other items where the quality is known to be dubious.
Seems slight overkill to not use a particular supplier just because their gasket sets are not up to scratch when their other stuff is perfectly good.
-
I've done about 500 miles on piston kit from them (836 std comp kit) and running great. Quality looked good when I was building engine. I researched .net forum and Hondaman said they where ok - good to hear that 'our hondaman' trigger things they are ok too!
-
just got a set of carb kits,
arrived in a week,
4 plastic bags of goodies,even different main jets for different markets,
very impressed so far,
as far as gaskets,I use RPM for athena clutch gaskets,
they are local,so can pick up if I need another