Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on March 04, 2016, 09:07:43 PM

Title: cb750k2 Wheel Spacer - dimensions
Post by: philward on March 04, 2016, 09:07:43 PM
Hi Guys
Anybody got a real wheel out? I'm after the length of the offside rear spindle spacer that fits between the chain adjuster and hub carrier - as mines missing on my build as I go CR750 project. I am going to make one. I don't want to strip the back wheel of my std k2 if I can help it.
Based on measuring the on bike dimensions plus carrier, I think its 18.5mm
Cheers
Phil
Title: Re: cb750k2 Wheel Spacer - dimensions
Post by: MCTID on March 04, 2016, 09:23:49 PM
Just braved the cold....it's perishing out there tonight. I just happen to have just stripped the rim and spokes off my K4 so your timing is perfect.

The results from the Luxembourg Jury as as follows:

Width = 18.6
Outside Diameter =  34
Bore = 20.3

Using my cheapo (but quite accurate) vernier caliper.

Good luck.
Title: Re: cb750k2 Wheel Spacer - dimensions
Post by: philward on March 04, 2016, 09:28:06 PM
Thanks - now thats service for you!
Much appreciated
Title: Re: cb750k2 Wheel Spacer - dimensions
Post by: MCTID on March 04, 2016, 09:56:08 PM
Ha.....my pleasure. That's what is so good about this Forum.......most people just want to help out and what goes around, comes around.

Roy Hall has just rebuilt my CB750 K4 motor.....cold days in his garage, dark nights when he probably could have been doing more interesting things, cursing and swearing when bits of a 40 year old bike refused to budge or just plain broke.........but come through he did and I want to thank him publicly for his humour, hard work and persistence....which is also, I think, a testament to the stalwarts who make up the membership of this great Forum.

Long may it continue.