Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Laverda Dave on March 05, 2016, 09:27:28 PM

Title: Anyone selling a set of cylinder barrels
Post by: Laverda Dave on March 05, 2016, 09:27:28 PM
Due to my existing cylinder bores being oversize and also being unable to obtain any 0.75 or 1.0mm oversize pistons to suit I'm on the lookout for a set of used barrels.  I really don't want to go down the expensive re-lining or big bore route, I'd like to keep the bike as standard as I can if possible.

Finish is unimportant but if possible I would like all the fins to be intact and the bores to be either worn standard or 0.25 to enable me to get a .05 re-bore if I have to. I've have tried e-bay and all the usual breakers but there's nothing available.
If anyone has a set let me know and we can negotiate a price.

Hope someone out there has something suitable to get one of these bikes back on the road  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Anyone selling a set of cylinder barrels
Post by: MCTID on March 05, 2016, 10:12:34 PM
Hi .......try this E Bay item 172067393971.

I know it is damaged but with a good welder and /or machinist it could be refurbished and at £50 might suit your purposes.

You would have to verify the bore dimensions first, but probably worth a punt if it can be rebored.

I have no affiliation with Stoneage motorcycles.....but hope this post helps.

Keep us updated please.....good luck.
Title: Re: Anyone selling a set of cylinder barrels
Post by: ka-ja on March 06, 2016, 09:19:52 AM
Could try      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB400F-400-Four-400-4-barrels-and-50-OS-pistons-/262311549293?hash=item3d12fc996d:g:Dh8AAOSwezVW0yVI

             Only 7 hours left as of sun morning!
Title: Re: Anyone selling a set of cylinder barrels
Post by: MCTID on March 06, 2016, 09:37:38 AM
Oooops......ref my earlier post....sorry I thought it was CB 750 Barrels you were after.

My apologies.......
Title: Re: Anyone selling a set of cylinder barrels
Post by: Chris400F on March 06, 2016, 09:45:57 AM
What about these pistons?
http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=179_273_206_209&products_id=2837
The page says "O.50 OVERSIZE, 1.00 OVERSIZE, 1.50 OVERSIZE are available", don't know how the price would work out.
Title: Re: Anyone selling a set of cylinder barrels
Post by: flatfour on March 07, 2016, 08:39:33 AM
I have a set of CB 750 barrels, removed from my 1972 K2 when I carried out a top end overhaul. They were replaced as a matter of convenience, so that I could have all parts ready for refit without waiting for engineering work/parts if it was needed although in the end, the original cylinders were standard size and seemed ok for reuse. Since removal, the barrels have been stored in bubble - wrap in the garage.

If its 750 K2 barrels that you need, send me a pm for further details.
Title: Re: Anyone selling a set of cylinder barrels
Post by: Chris400F on March 07, 2016, 09:11:02 AM
He is after barrels for a 400/4, which is what the pistons on the Yamiya 750 site are for.
Just had another look at those to see what the cost would be like.
Price of 28000 Yen converts to about £174, then there would be shipping and possibly duty on top of that.
DS price for one 0.5 Oversize piston kit is £39, so £156 for four, plus VAT and delivery.
Price possibly more comparable than I thought it may be, if the parts will do the job.