Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on March 06, 2016, 08:26:59 PM

Title: 750K front brake pad 'puck' - part number 45151300000
Post by: philward on March 06, 2016, 08:26:59 PM
Just re-furbing front caliper that I bought from DK and the brake pad 'puck' - part number 45151300000  is missing.
Is it required? I have one on my other K2 but unsure what K model this is off and if they where fitted to all models. The caliper came with pads so I assume the bike it came off was being used without it.
Phil
Title: Re: 750K front brake pad 'puck' - part number 45151300000
Post by: Bryanj on March 07, 2016, 06:11:06 AM
If you mean the hylon washer they regularly used to go missing and wernt used with pattern pads anyway
Title: Re: 750K front brake pad 'puck' - part number 45151300000
Post by: philward on March 07, 2016, 08:52:10 PM
The one on my K2 is steel - but if pattern pads don't use them, that's probably why its missing from the caliper I'm re-building - as long as its ok without, that ok with me!
Thanks Brian
Title: Re: 750K front brake pad 'puck' - part number 45151300000
Post by: Bryanj on March 08, 2016, 07:19:12 AM
Now the piston has a big steel blanking washer over the centre hole and then there was a nylon washer between that and the pad. I have fitted wing pistons(all i could get at the time) which have no steel washer and they worked OK
Title: Re: 750K front brake pad 'puck' - part number 45151300000
Post by: AshimotoK0 on March 08, 2016, 09:11:44 AM
Now the piston has a big steel blanking washer over the centre hole and then there was a nylon washer between that and the pad. I have fitted wing pistons(all i could get at the time) which have no steel washer and they worked OK

Big insert on my 750K0 was also domed slightly too Bryan (convex)
Title: Re: 750K front brake pad 'puck' - part number 45151300000
Post by: philward on March 08, 2016, 01:04:42 PM
That's the same as the one on my K2 as well

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk