Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: RGP750 on March 06, 2016, 08:35:37 PM

Title: Final drive/output shaft problem
Post by: RGP750 on March 06, 2016, 08:35:37 PM
750 k0 Output shaft
I have a problem with bearings/ shaft please see photos i think they may help.
I have a larger bearing fitted than standard and also have what i think to be the correct bearing
but the id is smaller than the shaft fitted,Is it a later shaft???
It had been bodged (see the pin)
Was it's size increased in later bikes??
if so does anyone have an original for sale.
Rich
Title: Re: Final drive/output shaft problem
Post by: AshimotoK0 on March 06, 2016, 09:05:23 PM
See my emails Rich but the later double row bearings was fitted to K7 possibly K6  and k4 If it's the shaft assembly /gear assembly then I have a low mileage one from a K1 the only difference is that one of the bearings is not grooved on the K1 ? I imported the shaft and two complete low mileage early gearboxes for my k0 as I was undecided on the state of my gearbox dogs on the gears. All of  the gearbox clusters on UK eBay were worn & overpriced sh#te at the time

Think double row bearing K3 onwards but we never got that model so unsure on later euro. k2s the later bearing is 5206 I think

See. http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,131817.msg1471876.html#msg1471876
Title: Re: Final drive/output shaft problem
Post by: Bryanj on March 07, 2016, 06:09:46 AM
What engine number is it as there are too many bulletin pages to post
Title: Re: Final drive/output shaft problem
Post by: RGP750 on March 07, 2016, 08:42:03 AM
Thanks Ash
That is pretty informative, must have cost Honda o lot of money.
There is a bulletin in that link but it seems to be dead.
so Brian if you have anything it would be
good to see
engine no is 1016596
cheers Rich
Title: Re: Final drive/output shaft problem
Post by: AshimotoK0 on March 07, 2016, 01:05:12 PM
Thanks Ash
That is pretty informative, must have cost Honda o lot of money.
There is a bulletin in that link but it seems to be dead.
so Brian if you have anything it would be
good to see
engine no is 1016596
cheers Rich


Think James downloaded the entire information of that brilliant site I found with all of the Bulletins on it Rich.. We need to share it on here too. I think Trigger or Julie got a copy off James

it was here but link mentioned is dead now

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,9036.msg61908.html#msg61908
Title: Re: Final drive/output shaft problem
Post by: JamesH on March 07, 2016, 07:17:08 PM
I'll see if I can find a way of re-sharing these files. Bear with me. Rich - drop me an email and I'll reply with the files you need or ask Graham as well. Just putting the kids to bed ...
Title: Re: Final drive/output shaft problem
Post by: AshimotoK0 on March 07, 2016, 07:24:49 PM
Available thanks to USA site link

https://web.archive.org/web/20150904205939/http://greenbushacres.ca/Motorcycles/Technical/Technical.html

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://greenbushacres.ca/Motorcycles/Technical/Technical.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20150608101727/http://greenbushacres.ca/Motorcycles/Technical/Service_Maintenance/CB750_Service_Bulletins/750_29.pdf


(http://)
Title: Re: Final drive/output shaft problem
Post by: Bryanj on March 08, 2016, 07:21:24 AM
You want bulletin No 29, saves me scanning it!!!
Title: Re: Final drive/output shaft problem
Post by: RGP750 on March 08, 2016, 01:20:24 PM
Hi Guys
Thanks for your help.
Bulletin is interesting thanks.
Hopefully sorted this weekend.