Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: captaink on March 07, 2016, 08:39:48 PM
-
Can you tell me if the f2 engine had the part ....oil guide final
15621300000 part number.
It bolts to the upper half of the casing, I can't recall seeing it fitted on my engine.
Was fitted on earlier engines ...wondering if I had mislaid it
Cheers
Keith
-
No, they did away with it quite early on, it was to direct oil to the then hollow final drive shaft for the auto chain oiler.
-
Thanks, was the early final drive shafts hollow and the later ones solid?
I'll check mine tomorrow but believe it's solid
Cheers
-
Checking this issue out I found that 71-74 models had the chain oiler through the final drive shaft and after 74 it was done away with.
Therefore if my drive shaft is not hollow, I won't have or need the oil guide plate
True ?
Cheers
-
Checking this issue out I found that 71-74 models had the chain oiler through the final drive shaft and after 74 it was done away with.
Therefore if my drive shaft is not hollow, I won't have or need the oil guide plate
True ?
Cheers
That is correct, and an F2 certainly should have the later solid shaft. A bit confusing at first, as on my first F1 many years ago had the hole and thread for the guide in the crankcase, but of course didn't need it.
Sent from my X5 using Tapatalk