Honda-SOHC
General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Oilburner on March 09, 2016, 10:55:43 AM
-
Hi, New to this forum, came across the U.S. version initially when trawling the net. Returning to bikes after a 40 year hiatus, family, houses, usual story. No bikes atm but looking around for a CB 500 K1/K2 that needs work. Loads of great info on this site. Cheers
-
Welcome Oilburner.
Lots of great advice and sensible comments on this site that'll help your project when you get underway.
Cheers, D.
-
Where are you?
Put your location in your profile and it will appear on each post.
Diesel driver or two stoke?
Steve
-
Cheers guys, Steve, thought I had added my location but newfangled technology gets me everytime.
-
Steve, diesel driver and large marine diesel engines in the dim and distant past.
-
Welcome oil burner.
500/4 my favourite bike I have owned.
I'll get another one one day before the bones get much older.
As for Marine engines ,i'm working on a pattern for a large chunk of Paxman Diesel Engine at the mo.
-
I'm a driver too and used to live in the NW but now sunny gloucester. Aslo got a 71500 I might consider selling, running and tested but needs cosmetics PM me if interested
-
Welcome Oilburner - My first big bike was a 500 Four in 72 - done 40,000 miles on it trouble free in 3 years and loved it - only got shut to buy a Z1. Great info and guys (and gals) on the site.
I'm just down the road in Wigan
Phil
-
Hi oil burner, welcome aboard fella
pete
-
Thanks for the warm welcome. Bryanj will PM you ref the bike. Cheers.
-
Welcome from me too... must admit the CB500K0 has been the most pleasurable to restore of all of my bikes ( well so far anyway).
cheers ... Ash
-
Hi Oilburner and welcome to the forum ;) cheers Mick
-
Welcome oilburner,I am in Southport.
Kev.
-
Just realised you said marine, me too in the early 70's did you know that the single cylinder Doxford from Southshields is in bits in Poynton Cheshire