Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: adriangsmith on March 11, 2016, 04:49:28 PM
-
What are the best tyres and sizes for a 750 F2?
i've seen the following sizes listed:
Front 3.25 x 19
front 90/90 19
front 100/90 19
rear
4.0 x 18
110/90 18
Also do they need to be TT or are tubeless fitted with a tube OK?
possibly looking at the Avon road riders or possibly Metzler lasertecs
-
For my 750F1 I use 100/90x19 front and 120/90x18 rear Avon roadriders, they are safe to use with tubes even though they have tubeless embossed on the side.
-
This is the recommendation from the Avon web site:
CB 750 K0-K6 F1 / F2 (1969 - 1976)
Front Tyre
Roadrider
Pressure front: 2.3 bar (33psi)
Front size: 3.25-19 54V
Rear Tyre
Roadrider
Pressure rear: 2.5 bar (36psi)
Rear size: 4.00-18 64V or 120/90-18 65V
-
If you have Comstar wheels you don't need a tube. I use Roadriders on mine (tubeless) they are excellent.
-
Roy is not quite right as there were two types of comstar, one had a small hole for a tube the other had a larger hole for a short tubeless valve----you can still fit a tube in this type BUT you need a special shouldered tube valve locating nut to take up the extra space
-
Well I never knew that. I thought Comstars were just Comstars. Very interesting.
-
I only know cos the dohc were just starting as i left the bike trade and tubless tyres were not that easy to get and Honda acknowledged that a tube was a normal puncture repair