Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: cbcoops on March 22, 2016, 09:28:17 PM

Title: Not lurking anymore
Post by: cbcoops on March 22, 2016, 09:28:17 PM
Hi, I still have my first bike (if you don't count the FS1E) - a CB200 that I rode around the streets of Cambridge in the early 80's. I fitted megaphone exhausts and you could hear me coming home from miles away - happy days. It has been sitting in the garage for many years and I can't decide whether to have a go at restoring it or sell it as I have a few other bikes that are also not getting the attention they deserve (H1F, RD350A, CS5E), Mark.
Title: Re: Not lurking anymore
Post by: RGP750 on March 22, 2016, 09:43:10 PM
Welcome Mark  to the mad forum, (great really as i am sure you have seen).
I am still trying to get hold of my first bike CB175 1972 and if i still had it
i definitely wouldn't get rid,you will regret it i'm sure.
Whatever you do have fun
Rich

Title: Re: Not lurking anymore
Post by: totty on March 23, 2016, 09:59:35 AM
Welcome to the forum.
If it were mine I'd change only what is required to make it roadworthy, once restored it won't really feel like the same bike.

I wonder how many forum members still have their first bike.
I still have my first road bike, a 2003 Jincheng M50D (Z50 copy), it's rough but it's still in use.
My first bike used off road was a PC50, 76 I think, it was sold to a mate for £40 many years ago.
Title: Re: Not lurking anymore
Post by: mick on April 24, 2016, 09:58:57 AM
Hi Mark and welcome to the forum  ;) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: Not lurking anymore
Post by: cbcoops on April 27, 2016, 08:20:56 PM
Quick pic of my bike in its current state (not a great photo I'm afraid). It was originally green, but was already painted black when I bought it in 1979 - what a year that was.

(http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b460/kawaphotos500/20160319_093837_zpsyl6s6ir9.jpg) (http://s1045.photobucket.com/user/kawaphotos500/media/20160319_093837_zpsyl6s6ir9.jpg.html)