Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on March 26, 2016, 11:12:53 AM
-
What are those reflectors on the back seat. Good old Bo in her early years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9U_o_Krhks
[attachimg=1]
-
Nice find Ash, thanks for sharing. Just posted your discs, hopefully be with you Tuesday.
Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
-
Nice find Ash, thanks for sharing. Just posted your discs, hopefully be with you Tuesday.
Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
Cheers for that mate ..it means I can put the PDF s in Dropbox of article scans rather than 17 meg /page files
-
What are those reflectors on the back seat.
They make the bike look cheap. US taste. At least the bike has the right handlebars.
-
it must be me,I just don't like green as a colour,
but it does look good,finish was,
enjoying Italian roads,no not me !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zzKJFL9muA
-
it must be me,I just don't like green as a colour,
but it does look good,finish was,
enjoying Italian roads,no not me !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zzKJFL9muA
A few years I spotted a Candy Green tank in a real Honda aficionados garage when I was looking at his sandcasts and I though wow , one of these days I am going to get a 500 in that colour and that's what Menno is painting my set with (it's it's original colour anyway) But looking at James's Gold 500K0 I really like that too. The tank that Menno is painting is a spare one I got with bike 'cos the original one was absolutely disgusting inside. However, over the last week, I stripped the original tank and I bunged two tubs of caustic soda from the pound shop in it and a kettle full of boiling water . Fk me it was like something from a Frankenstein movie with all the heat, hissing and gurgling but turns out the tank had been lined and my 'brew' stripped it out ...it looked like a load of seaweed when I pulled it out. that tank now looks the most dent free tank I have ever seen for a 45 year old bike. Think I might get it painted as a spare in Gold by Menno once I have got my resto's done then I can swap over as the mood takes me. Still love the green though. Funnily enough, the earliest model I know of from Honda with candy paint is the 1967 SS125A but the candy paint was on the frame, not the tank etc !
-
Good eye Oddjob, I noticed exactly the same. Also looks like decals used for the pinstrip rather than paint. Also aftermarket shocks and a few other bits not oem correct. I'll be doing one of my other K0's in green once the gold one has gone...
-
My favourite of the 500/4 coulors is also the green, though I really love my green ones patina, the paint is all leathery in finish and has polished back through to bare metal where riders knees have rubbed through. I wonder if anyone in the painting world could laquer that patinated paint to preserve it as is. I doubt the original paint would have survived quite that well over the years unless the bike had been sealed in a dark box in a very dry space.
-
I thought the pinstipes were decals from the factory
-
I thought the pinstipes were decals from the factory
They definitely were Bryan as I removed them from a 3/71 tank on Friday :) 750K0 ones were deffo painted though.
-
Mine is I am sure painted lines, might be a rather old restoration, being as it has been like that since I bought it 10 years ago - worn through that is, 1974/5 bike.
-
it must be me,I just don't like green as a colour,
but it does look good,finish was,
enjoying Italian roads,no not me !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zzKJFL9muA
Put this and pics on my Resto Log :)
A few years I spotted a Candy Green tank in a real Honda aficionados garage when I was looking at his sandcasts and I though wow , one of these days I am going to get a 500 in that colour and that's what Menno is painting my set with (it's it's original colour anyway) But looking at James's Gold 500K0 I really like that too. The tank that Menno is painting is a spare one I got with bike 'cos the original one was absolutely disgusting inside. However, over the last week, I stripped the original tank and I bunged two tubs of caustic soda from the pound shop in it and a kettle full of boiling water . Fk me it was like something from a Frankenstein movie with all the heat, hissing and gurgling but turns out the tank had been lined and my 'brew' stripped it out ...it looked like a load of seaweed when I pulled it out. that tank now looks the most dent free tank I have ever seen for a 45 year old bike. Think I might get it painted as a spare in Gold by Menno once I have got my resto's done then I can swap over as the mood takes me. Still love the green though. Funnily enough, the earliest model I know of from Honda with candy paint is the 1967 SS125A but the candy paint was on the frame, not the tank etc !