Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: bike addict on April 06, 2016, 05:31:08 PM
-
Hi. Would anyone have any advice for what groove the standard needle jet setting is please for my CB500/4 K0? It runs all all original carbs, pipes, air box and filter. My original Honda owners manual and all the other references I have seem to omit this detail. Your help much appreciated. Many thanks.
Martin
South Coast Sussex
-
As a rule, Honda set them to the middle notch.
Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
-
I recently re-built my 500k2 carbs,
I think they were still original settings,all 4 needles were 1 slot above the bottom slot,
-
Standard is middle groove
-
Standard is 3rd (middle) position. An American Honda Motor Company spec. booklet (1977!) is the only source that recommends 4th. On the same page it recommends to have the airscrews 2 turns out instead of the 1 +/- 1/8 documented everywhere else. If that information is true, my guess is that US was interested in a less polluting idle and compensated this by bringing the needle a bit higher. FWIW.
-
Many thanks for all your input - it's much appreciated. I'll go with the middle (third) groove to begin with and then go from there.
-
...my guess is that US was interested in a less polluting idle and compensated this by bringing the needle a bit higher. FWIW.
Still are...
Even the ST1100 has smaller main and idle jets over there...