Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on April 14, 2016, 05:14:42 PM
-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-Honda-CB750-Sandcast-Ultra-Rare-Classic-Vintage-Vin-No-CB750-4087-/131779221025?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
-
More than 7.400 of those bikes, every week another for sale =ultra rare?
-
go back a few years and there were only a handful in the UK, now it seems like one a month is coming up for grabs, the yanks will regret letting them go so cheap after seeing europeans getting such high prices
theses bikes were a complete game changer for the motorcycle industry and so are sought after by collectors, the price of them never goes down and certainly goes up faster than most investments, you never see them being ridden on the road,
pete
-
Here in Germany those US- sandcast cost about 30 t€ (thats about 23.800 GBP). But it takes long to sell them.
There had been a really nice one at this price here in Stuttgart at a big dealer. He offered her for almost a year.
(Must have been sold last weekend when there was a fairy).
To me, thats a rare bike:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-Honda-CB750-K0-Diecast-Classic-Vintage-Rare-UK-Bike-Beautiful-Condition-/131568135643?hash=item1ea2126ddb:g:mFUAAOSwLVZVu2dS
-
And here is a nice sandcast at € 33.000,00 (GBP 26.200) price to dicuss
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=223368902&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&scopeId=MB&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&isSearchRequest=true&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&makeModelVariant1.makeId=11000&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=CB750&pageNumber=1&fnai=prev&action=eyeCatcher
-
Nice examples!!
Just noted the one that ULI showed that it has only 1 number difference from the Frame number to the engine number !! Is that abit more unusual for these bikes ?
-
Let me point out to you that most professional motorcycle restorers are not salesmen. Therefore, most restorers give their bikes on SOR (sale or return) to people like Frank ;)
Here's the link you need http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php/topic,1680.0.html
-
Let me point out to you that most professional motorcycle restorers are not salesmen. Therefore, most restorers give their bikes on SOR (sale or return) to people like Frank ;)
Here's the link you need http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php/topic,1680.0.html
Frank's words ;) "This bike was restored by myself over the last seven weeks by burning the midnight oil on more than one occasion, No expence spared"
-
That is a very good salesman's pitch ;) ;)
-
That is a very good salesman's pitch ;) ;)
Yea you are probably right.
-
My sales pitch was; I am no salesman, I am a Honda Engineer, there are the keys, take it for a ride. If you like it then buy it! You can't get any more truthful than that.
By the way, does anyone like my new Avatar? ;D ;D ;D ;D
-
'7 weeks to restore a Sandcast', blimey, it would take me at least that long to source the parts for the engine, never mind the rest of the bike ;D ;D ;D ;D
-
My sales pitch was; I am no salesman, I am a Honda Engineer, there are the keys, take it for a ride. If you like it then buy it! You can't get any more truthful than that.
By the way, does anyone like my new Avatar? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yea love it .. your best sales person, by far, is Julie BTW ;D ;D ;D ;D .. Who is going to question the honesty and integrity of a demure nurse? (those were Abbey Titmuss's words BTW ;D)
-
My sales pitch was; I am no salesman, I am a Honda Engineer, there are the keys, take it for a ride. If you like it then buy it! You can't get any more truthful than that.
By the way, does anyone like my new Avatar? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yea love it .. your best sales person, by far, is Julie BTW ;D ;D ;D ;D .. Who is going to question the honesty and integrity of a demure nurse? (those were Abbey Titmuss's words BTW ;D)
No one ever questions me Ash, especially when I'm wearing my Matron's uniform. (well, it works for me but maybe you boy's shouldn't try it !!!!) ;D ;D ;D ;D
-
oohhhh Matron
-
No idea what you smoke but I would like to have the same stuff.
My sales pitch would be:
when this particular KO left the production line, Soichiro Honda himself gave her a smack on the bottom because he had wonderful sex the last night.
-
No idea what you smoke but I would like to have the same stuff.
My sales pitch would be:
when this particular KO left the production line, Soichiro Honda himself gave her a smack on the bottom because he had wonderful sex the last night.
If the product is the best it can be, you will not have to 'sell' it, the customer will beg you to let them buy it from you
-
What frame vin for E-vin 1000053? The red CB750!
Erling.
-
Jet another "ultra rare" sandcast.
No, its even the " rarest of the rare"
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-Honda-CB750-Sandcast-Ultra-Rare-Classic-Vintage-Low-Vin-No-CB750-1295/131750294911?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107083358%26meid%3D49f9cb758d03455fb5bea24839fde6d0%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D10%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D152026533972
VIN 1295, GBP 52,986 "Early Early fully restored model Honda CB750 Sandcast with all the correct ingredients" ....."this is the rarest of the rare"..."This is the fourth sandcast we have recently had in the last year or so 'the last three sold for similar money so be quick'"
WOW!
I see wrong alternator cover, wrong / replica handle bar switch, no "28" tops, wrong rear sproket ...
-
No. 4762 / 4460 for sale in Germany.
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/honda-cb-750-four-ko-vollrestauriert/460358564-305-1818
Price to discuss: EUR 26.500,00
-
At first glace it looks nice Uli but I have not studied it closely. I will leave that to Pete and James as I am fast becoming a bit of a CB500 convert over the 750 (market is flooded with them and its getting worse by the week).
If it is as nice as it looks then the price is kind of proving the old dog 'Ashimoto' right on his 'real-folding stuff price paid' I believe.
I know there are folks on here who don't care for DS and that's fair enough but I asked him at Bonhams about YLY 70H and he thought the 19k GBP bid was more than its worth.So I asked him how much he would think to pay for a nice K0 diecast or sandcast and here told me sub 10K USD for a diecast and around 15 for a sandcast. He's obviously got the trade corrections that us ordinary folk don't have but it doesn't take an Alan Turing to work out what the retail price would be.
My old boss used to say if you want to chance your arm with the theory there's always one mug about, if you string them along long enough or you don't really want to do a job, then multiply the the 'real' price by Pi. I think the Frank's of this world went to the same school as him ;D ;D You do the maths !!
-
Ash, we should not mix up dealers buying prize with market prize.
IMHO a (US) sandcast, in good restored condition (and I haven't looked at this one in detail as pics are too bad), sells for 25.000 - 35.000 Euro. In Germany.
No idea what US diecast are worth here. Maybe 10 - 15 k EUR. I wouldn't buy one.
-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-Honda-CB750-Sandcast-Ultra-Rare-Classic-Vintage-Vin-No-CB750-4087-/131779221025?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
BUT> Does he really get that kind of money ?.... :o
-
Yep :)
-
Plenty of investors out there not making any money leaving it the bank, the danger though is the demographics , nostalgia fuels a lot of classic bike sales, so joe blogs that couldn't afford one in the seventies now has plenty of spare cash and fulfills his dreams boosting the market, the trouble is in 15 years time anyone who wanted one back then will either be too old to bother or dead, that's when you find out if it really is a "classic", the Mercedes gull wing has remained a sound investment continuing to rise in value long after the demographic has died off, the D type jag has actually fallen in value over the last 20 years in real terms so it's impossible to tell which vehicles will be true investments, a friend almost bought an F40 for 200k about 6 years ago, he kicked himself the next year when they rose by 50k but still hesitated, then again a couple of years later at 350k, now he can't afford one 😏, the brough superior has gone ballistic of course, now if anyone could show that Lawrence of Arabia rode a sandcast I'd sell my house and buy a few! 😀
-
If we all had a crystal ball.. :o
I am too old now to bother with all this investment malarkey now.
you have to be younger & wealthy to really benefit from it & of course have the entrepreneurial flair for spotting a good future investment whether it be a car bike or anything else, but if you are young & already very wealthy & can buy almost anything would you really appreciate what you have got & the investment..
i think in a lot of cases ,eg, Jay Leno & the like [I know he is not a young-en any longer] but with him its a case of I have got something that you havnt got.. ner na ner :P .. Now Cris Evans is a different story he's a proper petrol head.
My advice is enjoy what you have got & what you can afford,& you will appreciate it far more
-
My main gripe is that for some of us, our typical here bikes are the models we dreamed of owning in our youth. The price hiking means, for many, they will never be able to live the dream. Sad really.
-
Good thing I hankered after a 400 and not a sandcast 750 then!
-
Chris evens....now let's start by me saying i think he is a great broadcaster..but a petrol head I dunno
He got into Ferrari as he admittedly said he had always wanted one..so when he could afford one he got it...fair play
In the meantime his virgin media shares tanked from about 70 million quid to near 2 million..
His Ferrari had gone up 4 fold..
In his own words his shares gave him no joy but as like a bank balance it's just figures on a statement ...where as a car is something you can look at drive ..even smell it is a more tactile entity. ..so he bought 7 more and made a packet..petrol head or investor?
does he know which end the engines in.
He is a serious collector and his love is broadcasting I don't doubt he loves his cars but I know people who would sell there kids before any cars or bikes ...He would sell them cars as soon as he needs the cash for another investment....
how he ever got the top gear job...guy Martin must have been busy....he's a petrol head
that's my view anyway...
-
Chris evens....now let's start by me saying i think he is a great broadcaster..but a petrol head I dunno
He got into Ferrari as he admittedly said he had always wanted one..so when he could afford one he got it...fair play
In the meantime his virgin media shares tanked from about 70 million quid to near 2 million..
His Ferrari had gone up 4 fold..
In his own words his shares gave him no joy but as like a bank balance it's just figures on a statement ...where as a car is something you can look at drive ..even smell it is a more tactile entity. ..so he bought 7 more and made a packet..petrol head or investor?
does he know which end the engines in.
He is a serious collector and his love is broadcasting I don't doubt he loves his cars but I know people who would sell there kids before any cars or bikes ...He would sell them cars as soon as he needs the cash for another investment....
how he ever got the top gear job...guy Martin must have been busy....he's a petrol head
that's my view anyway...
Yea Guy would have been ideal plus Jodie Kid would have wiped the floor with the lot of em that they chose in the end!
The thing about Chris Evans is he bangs on about his two little kids, the doting father and all that but forgets the one he abandoned during his previous 'career' spell.
-
And he has had all the Ferraris painted white!!
-
Don't know about Jodie Kid, cant stand the woman. Boy does she love herself. Sorry not for me.
-
Don't know about Jodie Kid, cant stand the woman. Boy does she love herself. Sorry not for me.
I Completely agree Roy, Its a good job she loves her self, isn't she ugly, she would have made a better bloke..
How on earth did she become a model, perhaps modelling for a box of frogs .... ;D
-
I mean't this : "Known for completing the fastest Celebrity Lap in the Suzuki Liana on the Top Gear car show (Series 2 Episode 8 : 6 July 2003)"
-
And he has had all the Ferraris painted white!!
I saw one of his cars at a Ferrari showroom , white with a blue interior, sounds terrible but it looked great!, really surprised me.