Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on April 23, 2016, 10:56:50 PM
-
I know that this has been a regular topic - how modern paint stripper doesn't strip paint! Got this off ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231903372854?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and worked like paint stripper used to work - stripped the black paint of the crankcase of K6 engine I have for CR750 project first time. BE CAREFUL IF YOU ORDER SOME. IT COMES IN A 1 LITRE PAINT TIN AND WHEN I LEVERED THE LID OFF, PRESSURE IN THE TIN (CAUSED BY TRANSIT?) MADE THE STRIPPER TO SPIT STRIPPER INTO MY FACE (which felt like old style stripper used to feel when you got it on your skin!) So be careful. Nolabelling on tin, so dont ask me what's in it.
Phil
-
I can confirm paint striper in the eye is not a good thing as I have lost most my perifral vision in my left eye after a work related accident about a year ago.
Rag over the top of the tin when opening people.
Mick