Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: wolfheze on April 25, 2016, 09:12:19 AM

Title: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: wolfheze on April 25, 2016, 09:12:19 AM
Hi
I had my renewal notice come last week. £280 for a multi bike policy to insure the following.
1976 CB550 worth about 4.5k
2005 DRZ400 worth 3k
I am 53. Clean licence, no accidents for 15 years, couple of years no claims, bikes kept in a locked garage. Fairly good post code. Seems a lot to me as I am sure that people on here have had quotes for £ 70/80 for their Hondas?
Title: Re: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: matthewmosse on April 25, 2016, 09:37:14 AM
I pay £150 for my 500/4 a ntv650 and 3 other smaller bikes, but none over £1000 in value, that is for me, my wife and my dad to ride any combo of those. 34, clean licences, no recent claims. Cover is with Lynbrooke who allow buy back salvage which is to me the selling point of it. I think having my bmw with a 2.5k agreed value on only added £10 to the annual cost.
Title: Re: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: Green1 on April 26, 2016, 09:33:30 PM
I pay about £125 per bike 31 clean licence 15 years no claims,brick garage
Title: Re: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: mike the bike on April 26, 2016, 10:11:10 PM
I pay eighty something for 2 bikes with Peter James.  That includes a breakdown  recovery as well.
Title: Re: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: Green1 on April 26, 2016, 10:15:17 PM
Thats because they know they won't get much more out of you welsh lot  ;D ;D

Mick
Title: Re: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: mike the bike on April 27, 2016, 06:48:53 AM
True.  Copper wire was invented in Cardiff;  two Cardiffians fighting over a penny.
Title: Re: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: wolfheze on April 27, 2016, 04:03:27 PM
Had separate quotes for both bikes for under  £ 180 so I don't know how Carole Nash can justify another  £ 100 on top
Title: Re: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: Orcade-Ian on April 27, 2016, 07:37:05 PM
Definitely worth giving Peter James a try, I have agreed value on more bikes than that with breakdown UK and abroad for £180 and I'm 66 without claim.
Ian
Title: Re: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: Dave1234 on May 08, 2016, 08:23:38 AM
Peter James every time, my 550 and another bike is £80 per year.
Title: Re: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: wolfheze on May 08, 2016, 09:36:03 PM
Managed to get carole nash down to a respectable level in the end, why cant they just offer you the best price to start with?
Title: Re: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: MCTID on May 08, 2016, 10:33:24 PM
I had the same problem with my Car Insurance Renewal from Direct Line (who are pretty good to be honest)....I challenged why it had gone up by 12%.......and I accepted that Insurance tax had increased by 6%.

They offered to renew for just under what I paid last year.

If you don't ask.....you don't get.

Result.
Title: Re: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: royhall on May 09, 2016, 06:44:59 AM
Direct line told me 5 years ago that if I didn't renew with them I would be barred from using them for 3 years. Hopefully just a stunt by that one agent, but I have also heard the same thing from other people. Now I have barred myself from direct line for life. What a bunch of clowns.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: Honda Al on May 09, 2016, 05:00:57 PM
Just taken out insurance through Carole Nash - £160 for the CB500 and Fireblade 929. Both with very low compulsory excesses + zero voluntary excess. Plus all the travel cover abroad, breakdown, kit cover, etc.

My current insurer MCE - soon to be old insurer - wanted £285 for the pair with one excess £600 compulsory!

Thieving buggers!
Title: Re: Insurance seems high to me
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on May 09, 2016, 05:25:20 PM
Mine's with CN for £175 for a CB500 and a Tiger 800 - same deal as Al.