Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - scooby

Pages: [1]
1
New Member Introductions / Re: Hello from newbie
« on: August 22, 2009, 10:24:57 PM »
Hi Scooby, welcome to the site and congrats on the new bike. Got any pics?

Phil

Thanks Phil.
Don't have any pictures yet will put some on when I get some. Not much to look at yet.

Sandy.

2
CB750 / Re: 750K clutch
« on: August 22, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »
Hi Scooby,
              What is the history of the bike, why are you working on the clutch, is the clutch that you took out original ? If it was original I would replace the parts that were in there only.
I'm no great expert in these matters but looking at the parts manuals the clutch seemed to have changed on the F1/K6 but early versions of these could have the earlier clutch.
This thread might help:
http://www.salocal.com/sohc/tech/clutch/cth1.htm

Cheers

Den

Hi den.

When  bought the bike the guy gave me a new clutch for it that he got from david Silver and I just thought I would change it because it was well out before engaging. The new parts are all the same except the B friction plate which wasn't there when I stripped it.

I saw the link you suggested earlier and I see the B friction plate in one of the pictures.

It could well be that the basket has been changed but the bike has only done 24000 miles.

Sandy.

3
CB750 / Re: 750K clutch
« on: August 22, 2009, 12:43:56 PM »
If you look at the clutch outer basket the outer end of the grooves is wider than the rest of the groove and this is where the plate "B" goes.

It is possible to fit a standard plate there and it will work but chatters also i have seen the ears on the fiber plates wear that much.

The other possibility is that a completely different clutch assembly has been fitted by a previous owner

Thanks Bryanj.
The bike has only done 24000 miles. It could be that the basket has been changed, not sure.

4
New Member Introductions / Hello from newbie
« on: August 22, 2009, 12:08:22 AM »
Hi everyone!!

Just picked up a 78 CB750K7 that needs a wee bit of work to get it back on the road. Might have a few questions later.

Sandy.

5
CB750 / 750K clutch
« on: August 21, 2009, 11:58:11 PM »
Hi Folks

Just stripped down the clutch on my 78 750K7 to renew it and found it didn't have a B friction plate on it. One came with the new clutch parts but doesn't seem to fit. Looking at the part number 22202-392-000 it appears to be the correct one. The tabs at the top of the plate are larger than the A friction plates. Am I missing something ?
Any help really appreciated.


Pages: [1]