Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Warthog1959

Pages: [1] 2
1
The attachment shows what I have currently. What Id like is to revert to standard sitting position. I have an F frame but need to use K pedal and spindle because of the k hub brake and brake rod (which will probably need modifying too)

I have F footpegs coming, I have a K brake pedal, K return spring and a K spindle. There are none of the lugs on the frame to take these so a I’ll have to get a bracket made to integrate these parts to the frame. I can’t actually fine a schematic of how the pedal and spindle fits into the frame so can’t actually design a bracket until I can get near a K and take some measurements and photographs.

Any serious builders out there who would know how to approach this? I’m sure it’s possible, just looking for the best of all options.


2
As it says in the subject it’s an f2, however I have a K swing arm on it, so may need to have new brackets made up to account for the hub brake rod

Could someone tell me which of the 2 photos is correct for hanging a k brake pedal.

The latter is being sold as a 72-76 brake pedal hanger.


https://share.icloud.com/photos/027Ahudy4fyPlKfrl7qhsPxmw

Also could anyone confirm that f2 and k foot pegs are the same or different. The rear sets have to go. Bars are done.

3
Misc / Open / Re: Ten years to go until electric...
« on: November 21, 2020, 12:37:11 PM »
The long way up with Charlie Boorman and Ewan McGregor reveals loads about ebikes and ecars I’m only on episode 3 but the 13,000 mile trip from the the southern top of Argentina to LA isn’t going to be easy, but what a massive learning curve for the manufacturers. The support vehicles are electric 4 x 4’s and the bikes are electric Harley Davidsons. There are many difficulties, but in a harsh environment. Sorry if this is already mentioned, hasn’t had time to read it all.

4
CB750 / Re: Would like a longer side stand
« on: September 03, 2013, 06:58:33 PM »
Amazing really, Thanks, I'll give it my attention and see what happens. This forum is first class by the way, the knowledge base is huge.

5
CB750 / Re: Would like a longer side stand
« on: September 02, 2013, 08:50:18 PM »
Well there is some back and forward movement of the side stand even when the bolt is fully tightened. But not enough to require another 2" in length. This side stand is stubby to say the least.

No sign of any other bending.

What is the solution when the hole has enlarged? this frame has recently been powder coated.


6
CB750 / Would like a longer side stand
« on: September 01, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »
Hi,
Does anyone know of a compatible side stand that is a couple of inches or so longer than stock. I have quite a Lean on my F2 and now I have fitted shocks that are 1" or so longer the lean is even more. Any other solutions appreciated.
Simon

7
CB750 / Re: What is the screw plug on the front of the engine.
« on: August 22, 2013, 01:25:32 PM »
Guys, that is awesome. Parts ordered and armed with some know how to get that thing out. I wonder if that is the only leak left. I rarely get a drip on the floor, but There is always some oil hanging round somewhere.

This could be it, there was a small pool on the lip after only 14 miles. Then I guess it spreads about on the move and drips down underneath in the garage.

Thanks once again

Si

8
CB750 / Re: What is the screw plug on the front of the engine.
« on: August 22, 2013, 11:33:36 AM »
Have not got one to hand. Here the image of the engine on this page shows a coin sized circle above the oil filter and in between the two engine mount holes. This has a slot in it as if for a large flat head screw driver. If like Pete says it is factory sealed, then perhaps his solution is the best.

http://world.honda.com/design/designers-talk/cb1100/


9
CB750 / Re: What is the screw plug on the front of the engine.
« on: August 21, 2013, 08:56:37 PM »
Well I've had 38 reads and no answers, I'm thinking either I've written it really badly or nobody knows. I'm still hoping before I have to go to the American site  ;D

10
CB750 / Re: Cb750F2 SOHCExhaust
« on: August 20, 2013, 09:38:58 PM »
Sorry U.S So Not sure if this will suffice, but would look and sound amazing. I had one of those motad exhausts and they came in 5 separate pieces. A right royal palava.

http://www.cb750cafe.com/products-page/cafe-parts/cb750-4-into-1-exhaust-sohc/

11
CB750 / What is the screw plug on the front of the engine.
« on: August 20, 2013, 01:56:08 PM »
I have a bit of a leak at the front of the engine, where there is a circular plug with a slot in it. I can't move it with a large flat head. The slot is a bit chewed. I obviously need to replace it, but don't even know what it's called or what it's for. Neither do I know how I'm going to get it out. Any advice on this and why it would leak oil. :-\

12
CB750 / Re: CB750 oil lines
« on: March 24, 2012, 09:19:23 PM »
Check carpy's cafe racer site in the US he does metal sheathed ones in black.

13
CB750 / Re: 4th gear failing to engage.
« on: March 24, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
I'll check it when I next get chance to go out. Are you thinking fuelling? We did adjust the needles recently as it was running rich.

14
CB750 / Re: 4th gear failing to engage.
« on: March 24, 2012, 09:10:28 PM »
They seem in fair condition. It is the 3rd down pipe from the left. I swapped the HT lead with 2 and the fault didn't move. I actually took the plug out and tested it for a spark in 4 and the plug failed. So I replaced all the plugs at once. BUT after a run out the down pipe is still tepid. It does not feel like it is running on 3 though.

15
CB750 / Re: Engine paint
« on: March 24, 2012, 09:00:55 PM »
Look Up , Sandwells in Towester. They do a xylan coating in black or silver. Approx £45 per major piece. It is a non stick, heat resistant, chemical resistant coating.

Pages: [1] 2