Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - gamma

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
1
Desperately Seeking!! / Re: CB750 F1 Frame and V5
« on: February 19, 2025, 02:47:47 PM »
Sent you a personal message 😃

2
Desperately Seeking!! / CB750 F1 Frame and V5
« on: February 18, 2025, 04:41:00 PM »
I’m looking for a CB750 F1 frame with V5.  I need one to swap the unregistered frame I have on my project bike.
Thanks

3
Project Board / Re: Finally retired and building my project bike
« on: February 18, 2025, 04:34:48 PM »
Thank you Sifu and Oddjob😃

4
Project Board / Re: Finally retired and building my project bike
« on: February 17, 2025, 11:02:15 PM »
After getting the bike running and balancing the carbs and fitting the unpainted fairing and seat just over a year ago. I’ve been busy with other projects and family stuff, but now I have been looking at trying to get this bike registered in Spain.
As it was built from parts from a scrapyard in Saudi Arabia, I have no paperwork.  And after speaking to various people here in Spain, it would seem that the best way forward is to get a UK Frame and V5, and to swap everything over onto the donor frame, then import the bike officially as a cafe racer from the UK.
Getting a Spanish donor frame with paperwork is difficult, I have tried, and then I would have to jump through many hoops to register all the changes from standard.
So if anyone on the forum has or knows of someone willing to sell a CB750 F1 frame and V5.
Please let me know, thank you

5
CB750 / Re: Sprocket cover
« on: December 09, 2023, 07:40:07 PM »
I have a polished one which is marked as a K7. (The polished one) It doesn’t have a chain guide ( not sure if it should) but the leg measures 45mm
I have another which I believe is for an F1 (dirty one) it has a 4Omm extension.
Hope this helps

6
Project Board / Re: Finally retired and building my project bike
« on: July 16, 2023, 07:39:51 PM »
Indicators done.
Getting closer to starting the engine.  I’ve put a very small squirt of diesel and 2 stroke oil in the bores and turned the motor on the starter. Oil light went out after about three bursts.

7
Project Board / Re: Finally retired and building my project bike
« on: July 13, 2023, 06:17:50 PM »
Battery is in and not leaking as of yet.
Now working on fitting front indicators to the fairing, making brackets to fibreglass inside fairing

8
Project Board / Re: Finally retired and building my project bike
« on: July 12, 2023, 05:04:47 PM »
Battery fitted, no leaks as of yet
Making brackets to install front indicators, I shall fibreglass them to the inside of the fairing
Still looking for some high density foam to make a seat

9
Project Board / Re: Finally retired and building my project bike
« on: July 06, 2023, 05:43:03 PM »
Mine is not yet on the road yet, so I will have to see

10
Project Board / Re: Finally retired and building my project bike
« on: July 05, 2023, 10:22:23 PM »
Very nice bike Trigger.
I’ve just read your project bike for £1000. Looks great too.  Interestingly when I converted this build to twin disc, I also removed material from the RH lower fork leg caliper mounting point.

11
Project Board / Re: Finally retired and building my project bike
« on: July 05, 2023, 07:10:10 PM »
I did consider this, and I did cut of bits that I didn’t need, like rear foot rest mounts, seat hinge, and air filter mountings etc: I think that the frame break kit is quite substantial and I didn’t want to compromise clearance for the rest of the installation like different tank etc: but I’ll probably live to regret it😂 When I need to do any work on the engine.  I do have a spare frame though.
I wrote this before your post Trigger😂😂😂

12
Project Board / Re: 30 years of storage later, the project begins.
« on: July 05, 2023, 06:56:56 PM »
Just read your project Ken for the first time. Like the attention to detail, I am of a similar disposition, that’s why it all takes sooo long😃
Interestingly I had a set of those beautiful Stradas on a CB750 F1 that got stolen in Germany in 1980. It also had Raask rear sets and other good bits like finned covers.
I also like all the parts to look clean and polished, and spent god knows how many hours achieving this. I probably could have done it all quicker if I had you used a bench grinder with polishing wheels

13
Project Board / Re: Finally retired and building my project bike
« on: July 05, 2023, 06:08:28 PM »
I built the battery box to fit an AGM 12v 12ah battery as originally I was not going to install the starter.  However, when I realised that the kickstart would not clear the rear sets, I changed my plans and installed the starter and modified the home made wiring loom.  I still opted for the lower amp hour battery, believing that you could install AGM batteries on their side, as the sulphuric acid is absorbed and held in the glass mat.
The battery came with a warning label 😬 So I removed it, filled the battery with acid, gave it an initial charge, and then fitted the permanent plug caps.
It is now in the bike and there are no leaks as of yet 🤞

14
Project Board / Re: Finally retired and building my project bike
« on: July 05, 2023, 06:00:36 PM »
Thanks Guys.
I cut the bar mounts flush on the top yolk and then installed duralumin rivets.
I also made those little d-spacers for the clamps

15
Project Board / Re: Finally retired and building my project bike
« on: July 05, 2023, 06:44:12 AM »
Thanks guys 😃

Pages: [1] 2 3 4