Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Freddy

Pages: [1]
1
CB500/550 / Re: Tank stripe decal
« on: September 27, 2012, 06:08:09 PM »
Hi, I've recently had all new decals on my CB550F2 and am really impressed with the results.
Think I paid £50 for the decals and that was fitted.  Try www.bike-stickers.com or give them a call on 0115 944 3111.

2
CB500/550 / Re: CB550 Forks
« on: April 27, 2012, 02:44:43 PM »
Yep, F2 fork tubes, I couldn't find them on their website either so ended up calling them.

Had the fork legs polished and wow!!! what a difference.

Just the tank and side panels to get resprayed now before having the decals done, then a few coats of lacquer over the top.

3
CB500/550 / Re: CB550 Forks
« on: April 22, 2012, 09:23:29 PM »
Thanks for all the advice.  I've managed to pick up a pair of tubes for a reasonable price from David Slivers.

Hope to be on the road by the 2nd week of May.  yeahhhh  :D

4
CB500/550 / Re: CB550 Forks
« on: April 18, 2012, 09:01:57 PM »
Thanks for your advice, I've been endlessly searching ebay and google with limited success so far but guess that I'll just have to wait a bit longer for the parts to become available from somewhere.  Frustrating as I'm desperate to get the bike back on the road.

5
CB500/550 / CB550 Forks
« on: April 13, 2012, 10:56:45 PM »
Hi, I've recently returned to biking not having riden for 25+ years and gone back to my original 1st proper bike a Honda CB550F2.  Unfortunately, I've bought a bit of a lemon and have completed the majority of the work to get my bike (1979 F2) back on the road. However, at a minimum, I need to replace the front fork tubes but am considering replacing the front end in total for either CB750 or other compatable front end. I'm struggling to find decent second hand replacement tubes without paying a lot of dosh can anyone help and are any other Honda front fork tubes parts compatable or does anyone know of any complete front ends for sale that can be fitted onto a CB550F2. Any assistance would be grately appreciated.
Thanks Freddy

Pages: [1]