1
CB500/550 / Re: PETROL TANK IDENTITY
« on: November 17, 2013, 08:06:31 PM »
Thanks everyone for good advice and thoughts. I'll just keep looking, luckily it's useable as it is, just ....
Try our re-instated info resource - "Aladdin's Cave" (Main menu)
- sorry it's taken so long to fix 
|
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Pages: [1]
1
CB500/550 / Re: PETROL TANK IDENTITY« on: November 17, 2013, 08:06:31 PM »
Thanks everyone for good advice and thoughts. I'll just keep looking, luckily it's useable as it is, just ....
2
CB500/550 / Re: PETROL TANK IDENTITY« on: November 14, 2013, 08:35:23 PM »
Thanks for your replies.
My bike is a 1974 CB550K imported from the States (where it would not have had a suffix number as I understand it) but was known as a K1 when in the UK. The tank does match publicity shots for 1975 US machines. VJMC have identified it as a K1 (as it would have been known in the UK) and note it had no suffix in the US. It seems to have a great deal of commonality with the CB500. eg side panels - the left hand panel is nearly the same as a K3 550 but the lower mounting is flush with the top ones (as I understand the 500 was) and the emblem on the side panels wore a similar script and style badge as the 500 (except for the number of course). I am happy with the originality and provenance of the bike but would like to find a good petrol tap if I can 3
CB500/550 / Re: PETROL TANK IDENTITY« on: November 12, 2013, 09:55:56 PM »
Slightly off-topic but related.
I have a US import 1974 K1 with a leaky petrol tap with a 24mm spanner size fixing to the tank. Does anyone know where I can find either another (good) one or a repair kit for it? David Silver does not have stock.
Pages: [1]
|