Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Darryl Chadwick

Pages: [1]
1
CB750 / Re: Phil Read Replica CB750
« on: February 09, 2010, 05:15:37 PM »
My Bike didn't have them when I bought it and I've struggled to get hold of them, not a great loss as I prefer them without.

2
CB750 / Re: Phil Read Replica CB750
« on: February 08, 2010, 05:08:18 PM »
I'm glad You liked it. Its My first visit to London and the first time I've taken it to a Show. I spoke to lots of people while I was there, people who'd owned or new someone who'd owned one of these bikes many moons ago. So many people were shocked at My age and the fact I own a Bike older than Me as well as restoring it to such a high standard. Congrats to the Triton though, what a machine!

Sadly I will Be selling the Bike now as I'm to worried about using it and its worth to much to be left in My Garage. I'm struggling to find the true value of My Bike, being 1 of only 30 supposed PRR left in the World I would like some advice as to the best way to go about a valuation and means of selling. Bonham's? Classic Bike? Eba?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Darryl Chadwick

3
CB750 / Re: Phil Read Replica CB750
« on: January 29, 2010, 06:23:08 PM »
Forgot to say that The Gent who painted My Bike made the Graphics. Not the Guy at Sunrise.

4
CB750 / Re: Phil Read Replica CB750
« on: January 28, 2010, 04:57:11 PM »
I got mine from Sunrise Graphics, but out of the set he only used the Honda Emblem for the tank because the others were all plastic backed (square clear plastic) and they looked crap so he spent a good few hours cutting them from vinyl sheet, he then lacquered over them and they look the business. If You like I could ask him if he'd make up a set for You and how much

5
CB750 / Re: Phil Read Replica CB750
« on: January 17, 2010, 12:26:30 PM »
I think I remember seeing Your Bike in Motorcylce Mechanics a few months ago?

Darryl

6
New Member Introductions / Re: Classic Bike of the Year 2010
« on: January 09, 2010, 11:58:47 PM »
I was contacted only the other day by Jim at Classic Bike with Mick's phone number and spoke to him at length about PRR's, he does no his stuff and has a good contact base for the actual Bike parts specific to the PRR. He also gave Me VIN numbers so I could authenticate My Bike, which it is a genuine PR Bike.
How though has He like You said, survived all these years without a Computer!
I'm based in Clitheroe in Lancashire, I'm coming down to the Excel Centre in London for the MCN Bike Show in Feb with My Bike to display on The Classic Bike of the Year stand. Why not come down and we'll have a brew and a natter about PRR's. 
I agree they should be worth alot more than some seem to go for, but having never seen another in the flesh its hard to say why. Condition, originality and authenticity seem to be key. Who knows if the cheap Bikes are real PRR's? Kits were available from Seeley to convert standard F2's but they aren't included in the 150 or so originals so maybe thats the reason. I no I won't be parting with mine for 3 grand! wouldn't even cover My Paint and Powder coating Bill.

Darryl

7
New Member Introductions / Re: Classic Bike of the Year 2010
« on: January 04, 2010, 01:26:36 PM »
Hello Steve.

Its great to hear from You. Your the first PRR owner I've ever spoken to. Apparently there's a register for us that another owner set up to track down all remaining Phil Read Reps. He had a centre page MCN article a while back but I've mis-placed it.
It'll be a pleasure to offer any advice You need while restoring Your Bike. One thing I will say, even though Your engine has been apparently stripped, I'd take the opportunity to give it a coat of looking at while its out of the frame, You don't want to have to take it back out of your newly powder coated frame to replace a seal or rocker cover gasket. Take the rocker cover off at least, this is where Honda's have problems. Ware on the cam or rockers or even the cam towers can easily be sorted sooner rather than later. Its easier and cost affective to do it now...... before the dreaded rattle starts!

I look forward to hearing from You.

Glad You liked My article.

Many thanks Darryl


8
New Member Introductions / Re: Classic Bike of the Year 2010
« on: December 25, 2009, 06:08:55 PM »
Some very nice Bikes, I think I was fortuanate to make the 10. There's a couple of BSA's a Bonnie, Z650/1000, T500 another yellow YPVS a Beta, a Norton Domie and an amazing twin engined Triton.

Can't wait to see them at The London Motorcycle Show in Feb.

9
New Member Introductions / Re: Classic Bike of the Year 2010
« on: December 23, 2009, 03:16:28 PM »
For such a popular mag yes its rubbish. I don't have a link but the email address is:

VOTEBIKE10@BAUERMEDIA.CO.UK

Phone vote: 0844 848 4200

the phone vote has been sorted.


10
New Member Introductions / Classic Bike of the Year 2010
« on: December 23, 2009, 01:37:50 PM »
Hi all You SOHC owners.

My names Darryl and I'm a new member to your site although I have used it many times before. I wanted to ask if you'd be so kind as to vote for My Phil Read Replica in this months Classic Bike, I spent 2 years restoring her and can't believe she made the final 10. I hope I can help others restore and maintain there bikes, I'm only 29 now but this is my 2nd 750, to be honest I think there fantastic.

I hope You enjoy the article. please vote via Email as the Phone numbers wrong, they are sorting it now.

Many thanks

Darryl Chadwick.

Pages: [1]