Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - superblod

Pages: [1]
1
New Member Introductions / Re: New member
« on: February 22, 2010, 08:03:20 PM »
Once again thanks for the advice.

I'm going to try the cam chain tensioner first. I think thats the most likely area for the rattle. The engine doesn't emit a great deal of blue smoke so I don't think is worn valve guides, but time will tell once I've had a go at the cam chain tensioner.

I have got to do something about the wet running, its bad enough being out in the rain, but being broken down in the rain...

The WD40 idea sounds good.

thanks

2
New Member Introductions / Re: New member
« on: February 21, 2010, 03:43:47 PM »
Thanks for the quick responses, most welcoming.

The only real worry I have is the engine, it a bit rattly. It running now, I'm not convinced it would run again after I overhauled it.

I haven't any recent photos, but do intend to take some and will post them.

As I said shes a bit tired, but she can only get better.

I also intend to replace the ignition system it an electronic contact less set. Undecided wether to go for Dyna S or Newtronic? Any thoughts or experience with these on the F2.

I think I'll have to change the plug leads as well. I have only used her in the wet once, and she wouldn't run. Just got me far enough away from the house to be a right pain....

Thanks for your responses.

3
New Member Introductions / New member
« on: February 21, 2010, 01:58:14 PM »
Hi, every one.

Summer is coming so I'm blowing the dust from my CB750F2. Had her a few years now but would really like to make it shine. She not looking at her best.

Fitted a new battery and after a good cranking she fired up. Still got a bit of a rattle :-( Then found she wouldn't move cos the rear brake is seized on. Its amazing how much brake fluid such a small system has when you are trying not to get it on the frame.

I expect to have her on the road over the summer and do the engine over the winter.

I'm based in County Durham :-)

The frame number is CB750G - xxxxxxx, all the CB750 site say the frame number are CB750E - xxxxxxx, cant find any reference to a "G". Any ideas?

Pages: [1]