This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - MarkCR750
2
« on: June 30, 2026, 08:31:20 PM »
I do have a scan of the F2/3 K7/8 manual but the original was never a good thing to read from Honda, not sure if i gave Ash a copy to load up to his drop box, i will happily copy the dvd but dont expect it soon as i am in the process of turning my "study" aka shit pit into my wifes craft room so everthing is in cardboard boxes yey to be sorted!!!!!
Thanks Brian but I have now found my manual 👍
3
« on: June 30, 2026, 08:30:11 PM »
It’s so long since I have adjusted my PD42’s that I have actually forgotten if they are air or fuel screws!, there’s conflicting answers on google but I’m reasonably sure they are fuel being on the engine side of the slides, so clockwise is weaker and anti-clockwise is richer, am I right?, cheers Mark.
I've got it the some as you note above.
Even the workshop manual from Honda doesn't say which way it is !
These work on fixed air volume into idle circuit and via emulsion tube mix (no screw adjustment provided) set by the fitted jets.
The final adjustment being modulation of the total mix from above point. Anticlockwise exposes that whole idle "system" to more intake vacuum, ultimately to flow more fuel from same vacuum, with clockwise effectively delivering less to the same vacuum.
Workshop manual start point is 1 1/2 turns out from closed for K7 with std intake. It doesn't ask for all to be set identically, but individual on a cylinder by cylinder basis.
Thanks, great answer 👍
4
« on: June 30, 2026, 11:05:15 AM »
It’s so long since I have adjusted my PD42’s that I have actually forgotten if they are air or fuel screws!, there’s conflicting answers on google but I’m reasonably sure they are fuel being on the engine side of the slides, so clockwise is weaker and anti-clockwise is richer, am I right?, cheers Mark.
5
« on: June 16, 2026, 10:51:35 PM »
She looks very smart. That seat! She is not built for comfort! 🫢🫢
True!, not as bad as you’d think but yes definitely not a touring seat 🙂👍
6
« on: June 16, 2026, 03:37:41 PM »
Is it just me, I can't see any photos on this thread?
Possibly Ted, please see full instructions on how to view photos on the attached photo. Sorry couldn’t resist that, the photos people are referring to are on my “return of the prodigal son” post.
7
« on: June 16, 2026, 03:34:07 PM »
No OJ given the relative low power of these bikes and the monumental chain size! 😮, along with the chain being VLM and in perfect condition and never used in salty conditions I reckon I’m on the safe side here, of course I could be wrong 🤔.
8
« on: June 16, 2026, 03:02:32 PM »
I just got a measurement from someone selling one on eBay it’s between 10 and 11”, the one fitted to my bike is approximately 9 so as I thought it’s not a CB750 sidestand, it’s 10 years since I bought the donor bike and I’ve go a vague memory that it didn’t have a sidestand but I had a random Honda sidestand in the shed, vague memory but I think that’s what happened.
PS I’ll get it swapped out not because it’s difficult to operate or anything but because of the extra force that will be bearing on the pivot bolt, despite being a heck of a lot lighter than a standard machine it’s still not exactly a featherweight 😉. [/quote]
9
« on: June 16, 2026, 02:57:45 PM »
I seem to remember that some bikes, not sure which models, suffered with corrosion where the side stand was fixed to the lower frame tube. When repaired, great care had to be taken to ensure the angle of the stand was correct. Hopefully, your's is not in that category. Just as an aside, I zoomed in to look at the gear linkage, and it seems as though when you change up, the small lever on the splined shaft wants to move in a slightly upward direction, whereas the operating rod wants to pull to the rear. Does the lever need to be moved one spline to a more vertical position, then the johnson rod adjusted to maintain the foot lever position? Or am I just getting more 'picky' as I get older? I like to think that I can be of help to a young 64 year old!! Regards, Mike.
I think we’re going to have to change your ID to picky Mickey Mike 😂, it operates fine in fact after just riding this morning for the first time in years I’d forgotten how nice the GB is 👍
10
« on: June 16, 2026, 02:53:24 PM »
I just got a measurement from someone selling one on eBay it’s between 10 and 11”, the one fitted to my bike is approximately 9 so as I thought it’s not a CB750 sidestand, it’s 10 years since I bought the donor bike and I’ve got a vague memory that it didn’t have a sidestand but I had a random Honda sidestand in the shed, vague memory but I think that’s what happened.
11
« on: June 16, 2026, 10:41:30 AM »
Well she’s made it to the local lake/cafe, running absolutely sweet as a nut just goes to show Hondas enjoy being abandoned in leaky sheds! 👍 [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
12
« on: June 16, 2026, 08:42:53 AM »
Hi all I’m sure I have the wrong side stand on my bike it leans at a crazy angle, could someone do me a favour and measure theirs just an approximate length will be fine, I’ve put up with it in the past but it’s about time I sorted it, thanks in advance Mark
13
« on: June 15, 2026, 06:05:30 PM »
Nice to have you back Mark :-)
Thanks Neat Street good to be back, actually at 64 it’s good to be anywhere!. Is Philward still on the forum I tried to PM him but no reply and I see his last post was November?
14
« on: June 15, 2026, 06:02:25 PM »
15
« on: June 14, 2026, 09:03:24 PM »
Just a break from the forum, I put the Honda away with the intention of getting it back on the road the following summer, 3 or 4 summers later it’s just seen the light of day again!, I was riding my other bikes in the meantime though, it all seems functional apart from the front brake micro switch so when the new one arrives I’ll be out for a shake down ride on it 👍
|