1
Recommended Sources for Parts and Services / Re: Castrol LM Grease = Comma General Purpose Grease ?
« on: October 10, 2017, 08:47:00 PM »
I will get some Comma grease ordered then, thanks.
Try our re-instated info resource - "Aladdin's Cave" (Main menu)
- sorry it's taken so long to fix 
|
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to. 1
Recommended Sources for Parts and Services / Re: Castrol LM Grease = Comma General Purpose Grease ?« on: October 10, 2017, 08:47:00 PM »
I will get some Comma grease ordered then, thanks.
2
Recommended Sources for Parts and Services / Castrol LM Grease = Comma General Purpose Grease ?« on: October 10, 2017, 08:11:31 AM »
My tin of Castrol LM grease is empty.
![]() I want to refill but Castrol no longer produce it. Comma do a 500g General Purpose Lithium Grease. Has anybody used it? Is it a similar Honey colour to the Castrol original? Amazon sell the Comma Grease; https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002E2QM6S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1 Bye the way - those empty tins of Castrol LM Grease are going for £15 on ebay! 3
Recommended Sources for Parts and Services / Re: Seat trimmers« on: June 14, 2017, 11:20:42 PM »
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would add this link to help others ...
http://www.bootlegbikeseats.com/index.aspx Tel: 01772 251212 Email: pct_bbs@yahoo.co.uk To visit us, we are based at: 38a Brieryfield Road, Preston. PR1 8SR. 4
CB500/550 / Re: Seat covers« on: May 16, 2016, 07:13:09 PM »
I have just bought a seat cover for my Honda CB550F2 from a UK supplier and it has the Honda logo on the back. Send me a PM and I will reply with the info.
5
CB500/550 / Re: Low oil pressure at high temps?« on: May 06, 2016, 06:57:21 PM »
I had the same problem with my CB550F2, got a new oil pressure sensor from David Silver. Fixed the problem. It was about £20 I think.
6
Tricks & Tips / Re: changing valve guide seals without removing the head« on: April 03, 2016, 05:33:51 PM »
overhead valve compressor ... [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
7
CB500/550 / Re: CB550F2 1977 rear wheel bearing size« on: April 02, 2016, 08:45:19 PM »
thanks, sorted
8
CB500/550 / CB550F2 1977 rear wheel bearing size« on: April 02, 2016, 10:56:07 AM »
I have just had the rear wheel drum lining trued up on a lathe and now need some new wheel bearings.
Just ordered a pair of bearings for "rear wheel CB550 '77" off ebay and I got two 6304-2RS. Now I realize that the right hand is a 6304 and the left hand is a larger 6305 size. ![]() I am not an engineer, so I am not familiar with the bearing numbers. Searched on ebay again for 6305 bearing and found this one; 6305 25x62x17mm 2RS Rubber Sealed SKF http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6305-25x62x17mm-2RS-Rubber-Sealed-SKF-Radial-Deep-Groove-Ball-Bearing-/191514305444?hash=item2c972463a4:g:XN4AAOSwNSxU7KSX Is this the correct bearing for a CB550F2 1977 left hand side? TIA The 6304 bearing that I got is made by 'challenge' - should I junk it and get SKF bearing (as recommended by a mate in the pub last night). 9
CB500/550 / Re: Fork and Engine oil« on: February 19, 2016, 03:49:23 PM »
I changed the fork oil on my CB550F2 to 5w30 engine oil - the forks are much better and work very well.
10
CB500/550 / Re: cann't belive my luck!« on: January 04, 2016, 08:37:20 PM »
I have heard some good reports but not used them (yet!);
Geds Bikes & Bits Motorcycles Dismantlers And Salvage in Carnforth Foxwell Cottage Carnforth Lancashire LA6 1DY T: 01524 734 378 11
Other Bikes / Honda SS50 1977« on: January 04, 2016, 08:06:40 PM »
I am restoring a Honda SS50 1977 and I need some help!
First question, what are the correct wheel sizes for this bike? I have a front wheel with 2.50 - 18 tyre (no markings on the rim) and on the rear I have 2.50-17 tyre on a 17x1.4 rim. At a guess, the front rim should be a 17x1.4 same as the rear? The front rim is pitted and the spokes could do with replacing anyway. Next question, the bike currently has a Honda cub 90cc engine (HA02E - electric start, 12v) fitted. I have the Honda 50cc engine as was originally fitted to the bike. The 90 engine has a neutral, down 1st, down 2nd, down 3rd, down neutral rotary gearbox. I am assuming the the 50 has a neutral, down 1st, up 2nd, up 3rd, up 4th gearbox. Can I swop the gearbox from the 50 into the 90 engine? I have a friend that has worked on a few of these cub engines and is happy to tackle the gearbox. Just need some pointers as to what is possible. Thanks for any help! 12
Misc / Open / Re: 2014 CB1100« on: October 03, 2014, 08:06:03 PM »
I like my bikes to be kept stock. Makes me cringe when I see luggage racks / topbox / tankbags on this type of bike. I got a car to haul stuff around in, why would you want to spoil the looks of a CB1100ex?
Been looking at Hepco and Becker chrome engine bars, they are really neat, small units that blend in well with the silver engine and chrome pipes. [ Guests cannot view attachments ] 13
Misc / Open / Re: 2014 CB1100« on: October 01, 2014, 10:55:07 PM »
ok - I will try and post some pictures.
I have had a lot of problems on this forum with pictures. Its one of the reasons why I use the American forum more often. 2nd try ... 14
Misc / Open / Re: 2014 CB1100« on: October 01, 2014, 10:37:53 PM »Didn't realise they'd updated these with a spoked wheel version. If they did a 4-4 pipe option I'd be tempted... Yes, I bought CB1100ex. Only 60 allocated to the UK this year, I was lucky enough to get one. Fantastic build quality, silky smooth ride.
15
CB500/550 / Re: fitting a pattern seat« on: April 22, 2014, 02:16:11 PM »
update: A mate of mine made the spacers;
5 black nylon spacers; 13mm thick, 25mm diameter, 5mm center hole Drilled out the rivets then used some self tappers to fix spacer with a bung to the seat. Result! Seat fits perfect now.
|