This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - kmn
Pages: [1]
1
« on: February 25, 2014, 11:14:21 AM »
Rim and spoke kit ordered from DS:
Now then.... it now appears - after taking it to bits - that I have been riding around on a CB450 hub for the last 20 years... Anyone got a 500 hub for sale?
Cheers!
Kev
2
« on: February 21, 2014, 09:05:35 AM »
Cheers! it don't half go quiet after TT and MGP though!
Frame now stripped and off to be assaulted with grit next week along with other painted bits, 4 universal exhausts will replace rotten 550 silencers which were there before, they do look surprisingly similar (yes but I prefer the look to the 500's - it's just me), tank's off to be repainted, engine to be vapourblasted
Just need the back wheel sorting and the rebuild will commence shortly. Simple.. we'll be done for TT at this rate!
I mean, how hard can it be.....
3
« on: February 21, 2014, 08:48:36 AM »
Indeed a thousand thanks Ewan, that can only be a massive help.
4
« on: February 19, 2014, 09:25:29 AM »
Many thanks - I'll get the rim & spokes ordered this week and let you know. What is life without a challenge, or 40 of them...
5
« on: February 13, 2014, 07:00:57 AM »
My capacity for making a balls of something holds no bounds. But I can't resist a challenge so I might have to give building a wheel a, er, bash.
I'll keep an eye out for a decent prefab rear wheel though, it's always good to have a spare anyway - what with them being rare and all that. And not because any wheel built by me will only be fit to go on a clown's bike.
6
« on: February 12, 2014, 12:17:39 PM »
Ooof, bet that hurt..
Should you happen across a std wheel sir please... please let me know!
There'll be a question about forks coming soon...
7
« on: February 12, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »
Thanks for all your help. The hub & drum are in fine order, ideally, I would go for a Silvers' new rim & spokes but the £200 rebuild cost is out of my league right now. I'll pm yer man and keep tabs on the ebay link..
8
« on: February 12, 2014, 08:49:57 AM »
Hi there - at the moment I'm stripping down 400lbs of rust that once was a 1973 CB500K... Now that I've rid myself of the shame and tears of letting her get into this state we're getting to see what we actually have (left).
Come hell or high water she'll be back for TT time (MGP at the latest)!
Cheers
Kev
9
« on: February 12, 2014, 08:30:10 AM »
Hello - newby here... I've had a search through previous posts and couldn't find any previous enquiries about this: My rear wheel is in dire need of being replaced by one with some chrome on it. The whole bike is being rebuilt at the mo and I want her back on the road for TT time here in the IOM.
Struggling to find via ebay / google a wheel so far, is there a wheel from another model (inc hub/drum/etc) that will fit, I have no idea what bits are interchangeable at this moment!
Many thanks in anticipation of any help!
Kev
Pages: [1]
|