Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Littleeagle28

Pages: [1]
1
CB350/400 / Re: Instrument light wiring
« on: March 09, 2014, 04:48:02 PM »
Hi again Arnie,

You sound well upto speed with your own electrical trouble shooting.

Does the tail light work OK, both in Ignition position #2 (PARK) and also normally at handle bar lights switch on?

Simon
Have now located open circuit between black wire In headlamp s/w . P h, so have dismantled rhs s/w and have the joyous task of repairing it.

..and all because I wanted the instrument back lights to work, I don't even intend to ride at night if poss, yuk!

2
New Member Introductions / Re: Hiya all
« on: March 09, 2014, 08:24:49 AM »
Welcome from me too... In Willerby E.Yorks so don't reckon I am that  far from you too !
Fully restored my '75 400/4 way back in '86 been in my garage ever since ...... but not for much longer!

Cheers..... AshD
Thanks ash good to know.
Arnie

3
New Member Introductions / Re: Hiya all
« on: March 08, 2014, 11:13:55 PM »
Thanks for all your replies, nice to feel welcomed.

4
CB350/400 / Re: Instrument light wiring
« on: March 08, 2014, 04:00:26 PM »
Thanks Simon

1/2.  Green earth is all good, and I also attached feed direct from battery to instrument cluster through the brown white connector and all lit up ok.

3.  Have taken tank off and inspected rubber boot connectors and reconnected. Everything ok except brown /blue wire from headlamp switch which had no female connectors to connect to in loom, so ended up connecting to black loom connector instead (this appears to be in some wiring diagrammes I have.

4.  Works ok when fed from battery +ve.

5.  Have thought of this, and may have to end up doing it anyway.  I always ride with lights on so should be ok.

6.  This is where the wiring diagramme confuses me as there is no brown white wire in the boot, as I believe it is connected within the loom where I can't get at it.

Thanks for all your ideas, appreciated
Arnie

5
CB350/400 / Re: Instrument light wiring
« on: March 08, 2014, 03:07:21 PM »
Hi Lester
All fuses ok, used a multimeter.

6
CB350/400 / Instrument light wiring
« on: March 08, 2014, 02:56:38 PM »
Just joined.  Have a cb400f2. Instrument lights not working from PO. Removed them, no bulbs fitted, so replaced, still no joy. Removed headlamp and removed wires to brown/white connector and tested for feed after turning on ignition and headlamp switch to on, no joy.

Is there a continuity test I can do from the brown/white wires, or other suggestions?
Arnie

7
New Member Introductions / Hiya all
« on: March 08, 2014, 02:07:21 PM »
Went mad and got a 400f2 so joined up to steal all the members knowledge from them and use to get this baby running again. Stuck with a wiring issue at the moment.

Looking forward to help and sympathy!

Live in north lincolnshire.
Arnie

Pages: [1]