Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - ben550k

Pages: [1]
1
New Member Introductions / Re: CB550K first SOHC
« on: September 10, 2014, 09:02:11 PM »
Good to hear they'll fetch more than 50p! , although for some reason i'm drawn towards keeping them I can't justify it when they will fetch some good money, and I really don't have room to store extraneous parts.

I'm hoping to replace them with another 4-4 system so the 4-1's although afordable are off my list.
I'm thinking something along these lines

or something in matt black

I know these are off the CB1100 but they are close to what I'm hoping to achieve.


also out of interest is anyone here going on the London Distinguished Gentlemans ride?

2
New Member Introductions / Re: CB550K first SOHC
« on: September 09, 2014, 02:55:26 PM »
Ahh ok thanks I didn't realise how much they were worth!

They are in pretty good condition considering their age, certainly no rust showing although there are a few scrapes on the bottom of them.

any ideas on the price an avereage/half decent set of pipes would fetch? just so I know what I can budget in for a new exhaust.

Here's another shot of the exhaust
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

3
New Member Introductions / CB550K first SOHC
« on: September 09, 2014, 02:32:06 PM »
Hi,

I'm Ben I've recently moved to london from australia and have purchased a 1979 CB550K my first honda SOHC , pretty stock 60K miles on the clock has been neglected for a few years but I'm hoping to sort out the issues and do a little modification work to it  - sorry to the guys who are into keeping them stock!

First up I have had the front forks serviced and replaced the shocks on the rear and
a new rim sourced for the front as the original had rusted out around the valve.

I would like to change the exhaust on the bike, it has the original 4 into 4 exhaust which is a little too quiet for me. So next up is sourcing some 4 into 4 headers so I can put some aftermarket silencers onto them  (i like the look of the quad exhaust pipes at the rear)

I'll put some photos up once I've completed some of the work.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Thanks


Pages: [1]