Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - wilson889

Pages: [1]
1
CB750 / Re: Transmission Problems
« on: February 06, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »
the bike doesn't have a centre stand. I picked it up from a friend so some mods have been done. And I haven't had the chance to ride it yet so I am not sure, that is why i was asking if that was a common thing, and maybe it will only shift when moving like you said. I just wanted to have everything set/fixed for the upcoming season. It was just odd to me, cause on a harley the bike doesn't have to move to shift through all gears.. but Thanks, I guess ill have to wait to ride..

2
CB750 / Transmission Problems
« on: February 05, 2010, 09:56:54 PM »
Hello everyone, I am quite new to the world of cb750s. I have only worked on classic harleys.. sooo, my problem is on the transmission (while not riding) it seems it wants to only shift into 1st and then up to 2nd gear, and then after that it won't move up or "click". Is there a lock or something on these transmissions, that prevent it from shifting unless riding? Or will the transmission need to be tended to? It is a 1975 CB750k5.. Like I said I have no previous exp working with these type of bikes, soo all information down to last detail would be amazing lol..
Thanks all.
Kevin

Pages: [1]