Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Whaleman

Pages: [1]
1
CB750 / Re: Winter storage for our lovely 750's (and others!)
« on: January 11, 2015, 08:55:48 PM »
I really like fogging oil. I fog oil the cylinders, inside each muffler (4 into 2 no fiberglass) and a small squirt into each float bowl after draining. It is cheap and easy to use. Also a quick squirt of wd40 into the iginition switch. I try to turn the engine over a half turn or so every 3 weeks. Just so rings are in a different spot. I think a good fogging of the cylinders does two things. One it stops rust and two I believe it soaks into any carbon around the rings in the grooves and the top of the piston. Softens it up to burn off when started. Dan

2
CB750 / Re: Winter storage for our lovely 750's (and others!)
« on: January 11, 2015, 07:05:10 PM »
For the last 20 years I have heard the advice of filling up the gas tank for winter. I have no idea why anyone would leave gas in the  tank. I drain my tank and put it in the car. I then dry out the tank over a couple of days and spray a bunch of fogging oil in. Coat the whole innside. Bring in where warm. No rust in the last 20 years. In Spring I go get fresh gas and fill. Dan

Pages: [1]