Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Fordy

Pages: [1]
1
CB750 / Re: Poor running
« on: April 15, 2015, 06:30:35 PM »
Thanks for that Simon, interesting reading, I also couldn't detect any wear on the needles or the seats but replaced them anyway. Hasn't made any difference at all.
Don't know which way to go now cos I put the new ignition plate bits in and it's just as bad. :o
Don't get this problem with my old-old stuff cos only got 2 carbs max. Haha.

2
CB750 / Re: Poor running
« on: April 14, 2015, 05:24:36 PM »
Slow jets are set about 1 1/8 out. When I got it the old guy (68) had been running a yoshi straight thru pipe on it but put a brand new motad on to sell it, I thought the poor running was because it had been jetted up, thats why I put new jets in, (bought before I checked, idiot !!!) Yes the old plugs were sooted up.

3
New Member Introductions / Re: Hiya from the Peak District
« on: April 13, 2015, 10:54:24 PM »
Thanks for that jamesh I will have a gander at them as soon as I get it running right.
Ash next time your up at your brother in laws nip into Matlock Bath on a sunday,  there are some cracking bikes turn up last weekend there were a couple of nice, genuine, honda britains. Sounded gorgeous.

4
CB750 / Re: Poor running
« on: April 13, 2015, 10:46:44 PM »
Hi
Yes done float heights at 26mm. Fitted a new filter and the needles are set in 3rd ( middle).
Thought I might try replacing condensers, points are good.
Worth a try?

5
New Member Introductions / Hiya from the Peak District
« on: April 13, 2015, 05:58:52 PM »
Hi, I just thought I would introduce myself to everyone, I have just bought a really decent, standard K6 (apart from a Motad, hoping to get standards ASAP) I love my bikes and have got a varied small collection from 1921 to 2002. All of them get ridden, I think thats what a bikes for, not to be looked at, hope you all agree.
I have a problem with my Honda which I have posted, hopefully someone can help me.
Here in Derbyshire we have got some really nice roads which suit bikes to a tee, (my '21 triumph struggles a bit on some of the faster roads, 25mph doesn't seem to cut it somehow  ;D all the rest love it.

6
CB750 / Poor running
« on: April 13, 2015, 04:53:09 PM »
Hi, Can anyone help, I'm at my wits end. My 750K6 runs lovely when cold, but when it gets warmed up it will not run smooth at low revs, it still ticks over nice, open the throttle to accelerate and its smooth as silk again, settle down to a constant speed for speed limits and it runs like a bag of spanners again.
I have replaced all the jets, float needles and seats, slide needles and seats, checked carb balance which are all at a constant 10psi @ 1400 revs. replaced plugs and caps just in case timing is bang on.
But still no different.
Help!!!!!!!

Pages: [1]