1
CB350/400 / Re: Damaged rear wheel washer and circlip - replacement part
« on: June 24, 2024, 09:29:18 PM »
Thank you. I'll check those links out.
Try our re-instated info resource - "Aladdin's Cave" (Main menu)
- sorry it's taken so long to fix 
|
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to. 1
CB350/400 / Re: Damaged rear wheel washer and circlip - replacement part« on: June 24, 2024, 09:29:18 PM »
Thank you. I'll check those links out.
2
CB350/400 / Re: Damaged rear wheel washer and circlip - replacement part« on: June 24, 2024, 05:31:37 AM »
Thanks guys.
So the 4 nuts in the diagram don't hold the sprocket on? It looked to me that way. I'm pretty sure the chain hasn't dropped and think it wasn't installed correctly. I'm assuming it's not safe to ride then? 3
CB350/400 / Re: Damaged rear wheel washer and circlip - replacement part« on: June 23, 2024, 06:04:36 PM »
Amazing, thanks for the reply. The bike was restored about 8 years ago, so was completely stripped down.
What are those parts holding on? I see no groove in the bearing cover plate for the circlip to slot into. Would I need the 2 locking washers also? Thanks 4
CB350/400 / Damaged rear wheel washer and circlip - replacement part« on: June 23, 2024, 05:12:50 PM »
Good evening all,
On inspection of my bike I've noticed the the rear wheel washer and circlip have been mangled somehow and are now no longer usable. They are parts 2 and 16 in the Haynes manual and I'm struggling to attach a image. I don't have a sprocket cover and I'm running an aftermarket sprocket anyway. I also don't have item 18, locking washers and wonder if that's what's caused the problem? I bought the bike a while ago and am learning as I go. Can someone tell me if the circlip attaches to the bearing retaining ring, or what the purpose of the 3 parts above is, as I can't see what they are holding on or spacing. As far as I can see, these parts aren't available from David Silver Spares or CMSL. Any help would be really appreciated. Also is this safe to ride 10 miles to the garage? Many thanks. 5
Misc / Open / Re: Number plate advice« on: February 15, 2016, 05:21:25 PM »
Cheers guys,
Have you by any chance got a photo of them on the bike to get an idea of the size? I think the 9" x 6 1/2" sounds good, I like that the font is the older style too! how have you installed them on the bike? have you used a surround or just drilled and bolted it to the light mount directly? 6
Misc / Open / Number plate advice« on: February 14, 2016, 05:53:17 PM »
Hello all,
I know the issue of plates has come up a few times, but I can't find the answer I'm looking for. I am looking at getting a road legal number plate and would like to get a pressed aluminium plate ideally, but want to get the smallest size I can. I am aware of some of the regulations, but wondered if anyone can shed any light on the type to use for a "period" looking plate. My bike was born in 1976 if this helps. I was looking at one of these, but think it might be too big?? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressed-aluminium-Legal-motorcycle-number-plate-9-x-7-/121887682683?hash=item1c6112707b:g:dkIAAOSwxN5WZxTC what type/size of plates are you guys using for similar aged bikes and where is the cheapest place to get one? Cheers Andy 7
CB350/400 / Re: CB400F Carb tubes« on: December 20, 2015, 03:14:21 PM »
Cheers guys, I cut them at the given measurements and they fitted fine.
Thank you. 8
CB350/400 / CB400F Carb tubes« on: December 12, 2015, 05:19:27 PM »
Hello,
Can anyone specify the lengths of the 4 drain tubes that come out of the bottom of each of the carbs and weather they are all the same length? I also need the lengths of the 2 breather tubes that come out of the top of the carbs and the fuel tubing length from the tank to the carbs please? My original carb tubes were hacked up so I have nothing to compare them too. Im about to cut mine, but want to make sure they are right first time. I've looked at the parts manual but I can't find anything about the lengths. Hopefully going to get it started for the first time this weekend!!!! Any help appreciated. 9
CB350/400 / Re: Tacho worm drive removal/installation« on: December 10, 2015, 08:06:50 PM »
At last I managed to get the little bugger out! I removed the one from my spare rocker cover easily by removing the circlip and gently tapping the worm drive with a piece of cut down acrylic so not to damage the splines.
The reason it wouldn't come out of the rocker I was using was because there were remains of the old oil seal in there still, once I had carefully picked it out, it came out as easily as the first one. It also explains why my new seal wouldn't seat properly! Panic over. 10
CB350/400 / Re: Tacho worm drive removal/installation« on: November 29, 2015, 11:39:58 AM »
Cheers guys, thats what I thought Chris. Looking at it from inside the rocker the gear looks larger than the collar, so I didn't want to force it.
The main problem other than the gear is that the collar itself is damaged and and new seal wont seat against the bush, the old seal I removed looked like it had been cut down and siliconed in place, but I don't fancy bodging it. I have a spare rocker with an intact bush and screw, so If I could remove it I will swap them over, thanks for the link though, good to know I can possibly get a spare if needed. 11
CB350/400 / Re: Tacho worm drive removal/installation« on: November 28, 2015, 09:26:43 PM »
Thank you so much, this is vary helpful! Do you know if you can fit a used bush inside or does it have to be replaced with a new one?
12
CB350/400 / Re: Tacho worm drive removal/installation« on: November 28, 2015, 07:40:29 PM »
Can anyone else offer any advice please? I really want to get this all together now and don't want to force it out.
I dont think you can buy the bush part anymore from DSS or CMSNL ![]() 13
CB350/400 / Re: Tacho worm drive removal/installation« on: November 27, 2015, 04:14:18 PM »
I think I really need to get it out, it's worn and also I can't get the new oil seal in correctly as the PO has squished the metal flange inside and the seal won't seat properly.
I also have removed the circuit and tried to push it out, but you have to give it way more force than I'm willing to put on it to push it out, which is why I thought I would check if there's something else that needs to be removed first. So close to getting this engine together now. 14
CB350/400 / Re: Tacho worm drive removal/installation« on: November 27, 2015, 12:02:38 PM »
Yeah for the 400 four.
15
CB350/400 / Tacho worm drive removal/installation« on: November 27, 2015, 09:28:15 AM »
Hi guys,
I need to replace the worm drive in the rocker cover as it is worn, but can't for the life of me see how to remove it. I've looked online for the answer with no avail. Obviously I turned to you guys here for the answer. I have spare rocker so will have to do this twice and fit the better one. If anyone has pictures of there removal that would be helpful too. Cheers Andy |