Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Brituro

Pages: [1] 2
1
Misc / Open / Re: Staffird show - Sunday meet up?
« on: April 22, 2016, 08:37:38 AM »
We will be there both days, stand M21 if anyone wants to come and say hello.


2
CB350/400 / Re: Cb400 Four silencer advice
« on: March 09, 2016, 08:11:31 AM »
I bought a silencer for my 400/4 from ds last year and it sounds lame.
Anyone know of a supplier offering a better sounding silencer.
don't want to re-jet or tinker at all just unbolt the old one and fit the new.
Prefer similar styling to standard but happy to look at anything that sounds more the part.
I have a standard set of Honda downpipes.

Hi Col

Can you elaborate on the "lame sound" please. All of our silencers are made to original spec so the sound should be the same. This is the first I have ever heard of this issue, and normally if there is an issue we hear about it straight away. This silencer is made in batches of 50+ and we have had no problems with any others.

Have you tried another silencer on to see if it it producing the same sound?

3
Misc / Open / Re: Stafford Show
« on: February 26, 2016, 07:35:19 AM »
Looking forward to your stand Brituro, but ironically for classic Triumph parts. Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hi Roy

Anything in particular?

4
Misc / Open / Re: Stafford Show
« on: February 26, 2016, 07:31:50 AM »
When is the Stafford show and where?
Sorry for the obvious question!

Hi Alex

Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th April, Stafford showground ST18 0BD.

5
Misc / Open / Re: Stafford Show
« on: February 26, 2016, 07:29:43 AM »
23rd & 24th April at errr Stafford. Stafford Show Ground actually. Good show for classics but tends to be more British than Jap.

Hi Roy

We will be taking some Honda parts, and I believe David Silver will have a stand there also. So something for the Jap lovers  ;D

6
Misc / Open / Re: Stafford Show
« on: February 24, 2016, 11:33:52 AM »
Yes I will definitely be there Joe. If I get get you to make the silencers for me will they be ready then to bring to the show  please?

Just a quick question on the CB250 silencers... the seams on yours from DS  looks a bit to me but it may just be the photo. Please see images attached.

Cheers & thanks ... Great to have you on here !

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Hi Ash

The width is about 6mm on ours. The seam is spot welded so we don't take too much off.

With your pair of specials, we could take the seam down to 4mm if you prefer?

7
Misc / Open / Stafford Show
« on: February 24, 2016, 07:26:36 AM »
Hi all

Will anybody be attending the Stafford Show in April?

Brituro will have a stand in the main hall this year, so feel free to come and say hello.

We will be taking some stock to try and sell there, but if anybody has any requests then please get in contact soon so we can make sure it is ready in time for the show.

8
Recommended Sources for Parts and Services / Ceramic coating
« on: October 24, 2015, 11:59:45 AM »
I have a customer who wants some silencers ceramic coated in gloss black.

Does anyone have any connections for this?

And has anyone tried it themselves?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

9
Misc / Open / Re: Member Brituro on here
« on: October 24, 2015, 11:24:27 AM »
Wow those Pictures look great and its so comforting  to see repro parts coming from a UK manufacturer. You obviuosly know your stuff but if you have any problems, then there are guys on here with a ton of knowledge in all sorts of fields. My expertise is in Electronics and automation. I also have access to someone who can do chemical and metalurgical analysis, usually on the 'old pals act'. A problem shared and all that.

I will post your pics on the Hondatwins.net  site. Its a much bigger site than this and certainly doesn't have the personal touch that SteveD has created with this forum. I know there is someone on there who has bought Dave Silvers CB450 twin repro pipes and is evaluating them at the moment. Do you make those?

Ash

Thanks Ash, it's rewarding getting such good feedback from people.

I may make a new "thread" and add a few pictures of our Honda silencers.

We don't make those particular pipes i'm afraid. The only Honda pipes we produce are the CB 200/175 and the CD 175.

Joe

10
Misc / Open / Re: Member Brituro on here
« on: October 24, 2015, 09:55:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum Joe. Not Honda (sorry) but will shortly be very interested in one of your Triumph exhausts, they look the business, and handy that we can order direct from the supplier. Will contact you once I get the 350 Honda finished. Cheers Roy.

Cheers Roy

I look forward to hearing from you.

Joe

11
Misc / Open / Re: Member Brituro on here
« on: October 23, 2015, 06:30:14 PM »
bigAl - if you can would be good to share the pictures on this thread...James.

Do you have an email address I can send them to?

Joe

12
Misc / Open / Re: Member Brituro on here
« on: October 23, 2015, 06:29:16 PM »
Hi Joe,

Can you send me details on the CB250/350 repro silencers please (I already  have NOS downpipes).

ashimoto750@gmail.com

Cheers ... Ash

I will email you the pictures when I am back in the office tomorrow.

Joe

13
Misc / Open / Re: Member Brituro on here
« on: October 23, 2015, 02:30:31 PM »
Hi Al

I have sent you an E-mail, can't seem to upload pics onto here?

Joe

14
Misc / Open / Re: Member Brituro on here
« on: October 23, 2015, 12:54:58 PM »
Hi Joe,

There is a 'Honda CD175 1967' for sale on ebay, quite a number of photo's

The bike was also sold in the states as a Honda CA175. slight differences but the exhaust (mufflers) are the same

Alan

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1967-HONDA-CD175-CLEAN-BIKE-/161825919028

Parts manual here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5k0tcbyenikx50i/D1-Honda_Cd175_Cb175_Cl175_Parts_Manual_Catalog_Download_1967.pdf?dl=0

CA175 Here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4e82cxmbsjv1wwk/CA175%20parts%20list.pdf?dl=0


Alan do you know if original downpipes were single or double skinned?

Very similar to the CD175 silencer we do. the only visible difference being the dip at the top of the silencer for the footrest.

Joe

15
Misc / Open / Re: Member Brituro on here
« on: October 23, 2015, 11:43:08 AM »
Welcome Joe, to the mad world of the SOHC. I have been searching for a set of HM KW4 exhausts for the past 2 years with no luck whatsoever.

Cheers Trigger

Do you have any pictures of these silencers?

Joe

Pages: [1] 2