1
CB750 / Re: new rectifier
« on: June 28, 2016, 07:19:23 AM »
K2-K6
great tip, thanks I'll give this a go and report back
great tip, thanks I'll give this a go and report back
Try our re-instated info resource - "Aladdin's Cave" (Main menu)
- sorry it's taken so long to fix 
|
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Pages: [1]
1
CB750 / Re: new rectifier« on: June 28, 2016, 07:19:23 AM »
K2-K6
great tip, thanks I'll give this a go and report back 2
CB750 / Re: new rectifier« on: June 27, 2016, 10:38:08 AM »
also, i managed to ride the bike around the block yesterday
so i'm riding a wave of pride in taking the wreck to 'almost' roadworthy
3
CB750 / Re: new rectifier« on: June 27, 2016, 10:36:21 AM »
gtmdriver
Ahh good to know that the click is usually due to no / low current. I did 'disturb' the wires to the solenoid when I replaced the loom, but they now all seem like good connections. I will double check the earths as this seems a common cause. The ones I can see are just under the seat latch (to loom) on the main frame pivot (to battery) another problem might be a fray cable on the battey (positive) lead, I've ordered a new part like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1976-HONDA-CB750-FOUR-24-POSITIVE-BATTERY-CABLE-WIRE-LEAD-/201601616333?hash=item2ef06489cd:g:U~IAAOSwQYZWug2b hairygit battery is fully charged, terminals are clean and tight. since there is a good spark, i assumed that this confirms a good battery connection, but i might be wrong. thank you both for the help here, i've gone from no idea where to start, to having some idea of what the parts do and the sequence for problem solving, much apreciated 4
CB750 / new rectifier« on: June 27, 2016, 10:09:46 AM »
I've just fitted a new rectifier to my K6, this part - http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/honda/cb_750_k6/77/picture/regulator_rectifier/
It has a slightly different orientation to the original that was on my bike, and the metal rectifier body is fouling on the frame. Might this cause a short? I ask because since fitting the new rectifier (and a new loom), the starter solenoid 'clicks' and the starter doesn't turn (it was turning before). Bike starts fine on the kickstart though, oil pressure and neutral lights work fine. other than these two lights and the starter switches nothing else is connected behind the headlight yet. Any ideas on what might be causing the starter solenoid 'click'? here is a picture with the new rectifier fitted (before the new loom went it, you can see the burnt out green (and other) wires) [ Guests cannot view attachments ] and another picture of behind the headlight, with just the neutral light, oil pressure light and starter switches connected to new loom. [ Guests cannot view attachments ] 5
New Member Introductions / Re: Newbie in London« on: February 08, 2016, 10:24:49 AM »
you did! think, i was leaving it soaking in penetrating fluid, waiting for it to fix itself. now i know, heat, does the hard work for you.
6
New Member Introductions / Re: Newbie in London« on: February 07, 2016, 04:14:20 PM »
Great success!
After some penetrating fluid then heat. Bleed nipple is out. Here is a pic of my set up 7
CB750 / Re: fitting new suspension fork boots« on: January 26, 2016, 03:28:15 PM »
all, thanks for the tips.
they are Honda / OEM boots, but they are old and have stiffened up. will try the heat, lube and screwdriver methods. but maybe i need new Honda / OEM ones which have more flexibility in them. cheers Theo 8
New Member Introductions / Re: Newbie in London« on: January 26, 2016, 12:00:31 PM »
Bryanj.
Thanks for the tip. I've had it soaked in penetrating fluid for a week. Was going to clamp it (nipple) in the vice, and then turn the caliper. Although, based on your advice, I'll do the heat method. Any idea how long I should be heating it for? Cheers, Theo 9
CB750 / fitting new suspension fork boots« on: January 25, 2016, 10:54:45 AM »
Hi,
I've replaced the fork boots on my K6 as the old ones were cracked. Forks disassembly was easy, lowers dropped out of the crowns fine. But now I'm struggling to fit the boot over the fork lowers, to create a seal. Has anybody found a good method for doing this. I think I might need to soften the rubber boots somehow, perhaps in boiling water? Any tips would be great. Thank you, Theo 10
New Member Introductions / Re: Newbie in London« on: January 25, 2016, 10:51:19 AM »Hi welcome from me too from the frozen north Theo ! This is so helpful. Thank you! 11
New Member Introductions / Re: Newbie in London« on: January 25, 2016, 10:50:38 AM »Hello, Big time. Is your bike running? I need to put a bit of love into the front brake (seized bleed nipple), then should be ready to MOT. Nice to know there is a local ![]() Theo 12
New Member Introductions / Re: Newbie in London« on: December 04, 2015, 07:46:15 AM »
UK Pete - I'm in Tottenham, North London. What bike do you have?
Your right about the climate, I think me bike is already missing the warm dry air. 13
New Member Introductions / Newbie in London« on: December 03, 2015, 10:02:37 PM »
Hi all,
Looking forward to sharing and learning on here. I picked up a 750 K6 this summer and have finally got the bits together to finish it up. Will be my first bike since a 50s BSA a few years ago, was into VW cars before that. Added a couple of pics of the bike: Bought on eBay (hope I didn't pay over the odds!) US import and needs a few parts and services to get it registered, MOT etc. Plan is to keep it simple and on the road before thinking about crazy mods. Already soaked up some old posts on here and have found great advice, so thanks there. Hope there is more to come. Any Londoners on here? Cheers, Theo
Pages: [1]
|