1
CB500/550 / Re: I found this in my sump
« on: February 13, 2016, 06:04:09 PM »
Nice one john will check those out, how hard can it be
Try our re-instated info resource - "Aladdin's Cave" (Main menu)
- sorry it's taken so long to fix 
|
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Pages: [1]
1
CB500/550 / Re: I found this in my sump« on: February 13, 2016, 06:04:09 PM »
Nice one john will check those out, how hard can it be
2
CB500/550 / Re: I found this in my sump« on: February 13, 2016, 11:57:56 AM »
Thanks fellas appreciate the response. Second question, I have basic tools, sockets spanners etc, a Haynes manual and a shed! Is it a nightmare of a job to open up the engine, find the offending item and replace it. Or is it do-able for a novice? :-)
3
CB500/550 / Re: I found this in my sump« on: February 12, 2016, 11:03:09 PM »
Sounds ominous Mathew, repairable though?
4
CB500/550 / I found this in my sump« on: February 12, 2016, 09:32:54 PM »
Hey guys
In preparation for my first engine start attempt I was draining the oil and checking the sump tray. The oil was ok, no gunk but I found this laying in the tray. I am guessing this is bad new and it means something in my engine has broken down. any ideas what it is? 5
CB500/550 / Re: To do before start up attempt?« on: February 09, 2016, 07:33:54 PM »
Epic battle getting the carbs out! Finally managed it, think I am going to have to replace the four rubbers that attach it to the engine side, they are solid!
Anyone know what they are called so I can google them? 6
CB500/550 / Re: To do before start up attempt?« on: February 07, 2016, 04:31:46 PM »
Excellent, really appreciate the advice! I will keep u posted on the progress 😀
7
CB500/550 / Re: To do before start up attempt?« on: February 07, 2016, 02:35:18 PM »
Air filter, good call forgot about that. About the points; do u think it's worth fitting an electronic ignition system from the off? Like the Dyna-s?
8
CB500/550 / To do before start up attempt?« on: February 07, 2016, 02:19:12 PM »
Hi guys
Just got myself a 1976 CB550 F Super Sport, imported from the States. Don't know the last time it was started, could be 20 years for all I know. I am hoping to cafe/brat it up a little but before I do i obviously need to get it going. My thoughts? Carb clean, new spark plugs, fresh oil & filter, battery and fuel of course. The ignition barrel looks like it needs changing plus I have no key anyway also there is no gear change lever. I would appreciate anyone's thoughts and wether I am anywhere near the mark? I am a complete novice by the way. Thanks in advance 9
New Member Introductions / Re: Novice from the North East« on: February 07, 2016, 02:08:21 PM »
Thanks guys, looking forward to getting started
10
New Member Introductions / Novice from the North East« on: February 05, 2016, 08:54:52 PM »
Hi all
I am a complete novice to both riding and restoration/customisation, seemingly having a mid life crisis since hitting 40; cliche I know! Really interested in motorcycle culture and lifestyle specially classic style bikes, cafe racers and brats. Just bought myself a 1976 CB550 F Super Sport and I am hoping to get it going again and turn it into something I love looking at and riding. Looking forward to making a start and hearing your advice and wealth of experience. Gary
Pages: [1]
|