Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Sandshuffler1959

Pages: [1]
1

Brand new black top shock absorbers. In original boxes still in unopened sealed bags.
Hard to find now and Obs perfect.



Poulton-Le-Fylde  Northwest. UK.

Local collection preferred.

Could arrange collection from Stafford show in October.

£460.00 for the pair.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2
Member 4 Sales / CB750 K5 341 Pipes for sale.
« on: August 03, 2025, 06:38:26 PM »
Set of 4 341 pipes.
3 are Reasonably clean and straight. No 2 pipe sadly has a hole in the back and is missing the bracket inside to fix the end baffle.

Chrome is thin and a bit cloudy as these are old pipes but 3 of them are very usable for a rider or repair the 4th.


Exhaust flanges are included but not pictured.
The removable black baffle inserts are not included, I don’t have them.

Pictures hopefully show you all you need.

£200 gbp. Collection only.
Poulton Le Fylde area NW UK.







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3
CB750 / Re: Engine case repairs
« on: April 07, 2017, 07:17:41 PM »
There's a guy in Caerphilly who is good,quick and cheap (a rare combination) if that's any help.  He's a bike enthusiast whose owns a Vincent among others.
Thanks for the info.
That's a good 8 hr round trip from me so I'll keep looking local for a bit.
It may yet prove to be my get best course .
Thanks again.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4
CB750 / Engine case repairs
« on: April 03, 2017, 10:44:50 PM »
Hi Guys,
I've got a cracked casing with a tragic previously bodged helicoil type insert that needs redoing and need a welding repair/ engineering genius in west lancs/ NW if poss.
Any recommendations or suggestions gratefully received as I really want to keep original if at all possible.
Many thanks.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5
New Member Introductions / Re: New joiner from Poulton le Fylde Lancs
« on: April 24, 2016, 07:49:52 PM »
Thanks Mick, tidy bikes yourself.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6
New Member Introductions / Re: New joiner from Poulton le Fylde Lancs
« on: April 24, 2016, 07:48:51 PM »
welcome to the forum  :) and nice bikes  8), I have a Suzuki & Honda combo  ;), i'll look out for you at Knott End  ;) cheers Mick.



Cheers Mick, tidy bikes yourself.

7
New Member Introductions / Re: New joiner from Poulton le Fylde Lancs
« on: April 24, 2016, 07:46:07 PM »
Welcome to the Forum.

Lovely bikes.......when you go to St Annes on Sea on a Monday night PM me/ let me know and I'll pop round and have a coffee with you......I'm just around the corner.
Will do, thanks.

8
New Member Introductions / Re: New joiner from Poulton le Fylde Lancs
« on: April 24, 2016, 01:50:05 PM »
Haha,
All the gear, no idea.
Sorry Chris, try again.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9
New Member Introductions / New joiner from Poulton le Fylde Lancs
« on: April 24, 2016, 12:51:45 PM »
Hi, just joined the forum as I noted there seemed to be a cluster of sohc guys in the county.

Got a 74 K5 which was resurrected 2010-13 and is used regularly for local runs to St Anne's, Knot End etc in the season. The bikes a US import but needed a lot of engine work to sort out previous mechanical butchery further compounded by years of standing in a barn. it was mostly complete though it had the usual mix of some later model bits on.
Lived through the pain of the usual multiple rebuilds of cylinder head gasket, brakes, carbs etc to relearn the stuff I'd forgot from the 70's. It has had everything sorted now and is a great ride on crap local road surfaces particularly with the US bars on. Should've been a forum member earlier and saved some hours reinventing solutions already solved.
It's not totally correct for year as it had previously been painted K2 gold but I decided to keep it that colour as its how it came to me and I'm a candy colour type of guy. It's my age!

Also running in a 1971 Suzuki T350 stink wheels nut and bolt refurb. It's always been a northern UK bike, not licensed since 1988 and was a pile of bits and has fought me all the way in getting it to this point. Particularly as the Suzuki carbs and parts are made of monkey metal and quite scarce.
Had it since 2012 and on the road late summer 2015 .The motor has to come out yet again as I've a leaking seal (amateur hour strikes again- but I'll sort it) I'm going to run it in fully first to make sure there are no other issues. Rides and stops really well. Bit hooligan noise and really primitive compared to the Honda but I quite like it in small doses. You'll note the attraction re the colour. I'm a candy colour guy.

Also have a Fireblade- nice but strictly functional.

Say hi if you see the bikes at the local meets and want a chat. Next time I'm stuck I'll post a Q on the forum.

Pages: [1]