Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - lordwhimsey

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
CB500/550 / Re: Brake pedal spindle
« on: February 14, 2012, 01:56:13 PM »
I'm going to get a K1 spindle; it looks much shorter. I'll have to cut an inch or so of the mounting tube though!

2
CB500/550 / Brake pedal spindle
« on: February 14, 2012, 10:59:11 AM »
My 550k3 brake pedal spindle is 105mm long; can anyone tell me if the spindle on an 550f is shorter, longer or the same length? I'm having some rearset clearance issues!


3
CB500/550 / Re: My CB550K3 Cafe build.
« on: April 19, 2011, 11:30:26 AM »
It looks brilliant!

How do the rearsets feel mounted back there? I've been agonising over where to mount mine but I'll probably stick them on the pillion mounts for now too.

4
CB750 / Re: New CB750 project - Two frame numbers!?
« on: April 11, 2011, 04:11:03 PM »
Problem solved; I returned it and got my money back. On balance I decided it wasn

5
CB750 / New CB750 project - Two frame numbers!?
« on: April 02, 2011, 10:26:24 AM »
I

6
CB500/550 / Re: Fork Top Nuts
« on: December 02, 2010, 08:43:50 AM »
CB550 fork top nuts are a 28mm x 1.5mm thread



Should poke up about 12mm above the top of your forks and stick 24mm into them, 36 mm overall length.

Hope this helps.

7
CB500/550 / Re: Continuing the 'waking the dead theme'
« on: November 05, 2010, 08:19:39 PM »
Since I last posted I re-built the top end, discovered the cam chain tensioner was in the wrong place, re-built it again then cracked the rocker cover and re-built it again! I think it's fine now...

Apart from that I've done very little on the bike, instead I've been devoting my time to constructing my new bike shed/Man Castle which should speed the building process up (over winter at least).

Your bike's looking good, have you had a sneaky ride on it yet? ;)


8
CB500/550 / Re: Continuing the 'waking the dead theme'
« on: November 05, 2010, 07:10:06 AM »
Did it pass the MOT?

9
CB500/550 / Re: 650 cam swap for cb550k3
« on: August 13, 2010, 07:35:25 PM »
Me too; eBay,

10
CB500/550 / Re: Help needed From "across the pond"
« on: August 12, 2010, 07:39:49 PM »
That looks brilliant; I want one!

I'm afraid I live across the other side of the country but if there's someone who lives nearby please go and test fit the tank for this nice American gent... and take some photos!

11
CB500/550 / Re: 650 cam swap for cb550k3
« on: August 12, 2010, 07:33:31 PM »
I heard some rumour that there was a slightly gentler cam profile used on a late model, German market 650, but other than that I think they're all the same.

I've put one in my motor (along with a 592 big bore kit!) but I haven't started it up yet! I'll let you know when I do but you'll have probably got your own by then!

12
CB500/550 / Re: Rearsets - What's this called and where can I get one?
« on: August 12, 2010, 07:25:16 PM »
Thanks for that; that's exactly what I want. They don't have any information about international shipping on their website though... or any contact details!  :-\

13
CB500/550 / Re: Rearsets - What's this called and where can I get one?
« on: August 04, 2010, 01:31:07 PM »
Well, thanks for the input but I'm still not having any luck tracking one down. I'm going to cut down an old brake pedal instead.

14
CB500/550 / Re: Rear Axle Spacer
« on: August 04, 2010, 01:28:14 PM »
Quote
That TT100 rear tyre looks undersize...looks like a 4.10x18 when ideally you want to have a 4.25/85x18.

Would that not depend on the rim size? I'm not sure what rim your using. If its a 1.85 surely your on the limit with a 400? I'm obsessed with tire sizes.
Correct me if im wrong but standard rims for 550 or 500's were 1.85 or wm2 front and back. Thats very narrow! wm3 is 2.15 and can take a 400 + tyre. Maximum size you can fit on a 1.85 rim is about 360 or 100x90. 550's originally came with a 375 rear, 500's 350. Am I missing something?
Thanks
Apologies for being off topic.

Good question and one I asked Dunlop before I bought the TT100s. Their reply was:

Hi Han

These are the permitted rim widths for each of our TT100s:
4.10 H18    1.85, 2.15, 2.50
4.25/85 H18 2.15, 2.50, 2.75
3.60 H19    1.85, 2.15.
4.10 H19    1.85, 2.15, 2.50.

Kind regards

Bryn Phillips
Sales & Product Support Manager, Motorcycle
Dunlop Tyres UK Ltd


The rim I've got fitted is a 2.15 from a CB750 but when I bought the tyres I had a 1.85 rim which turned out to be buckled beyond repair! If I'd had the wider rim then I would have gone for a 4.25/85  ;D

15
CB500/550 / Re: carb rubbers for cb550 k3 / cr29 carbs
« on: July 29, 2010, 02:30:43 PM »
There's some info on Travelers CR29 install over on the US forum here http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=63092.msg823682#msg823682

Pages: [1] 2 3