Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Glenzil

Pages: [1]
1
CB350/400 / Re: cheap ultrasonic cleaner
« on: October 20, 2016, 04:43:29 PM »
Tubes are out now - bit of heat and some WD and a thin bit of dowel

2
CB350/400 / Re: cheap ultrasonic cleaner
« on: October 20, 2016, 09:04:06 AM »
yes i did leave the enulsion tub inserted! well spotted. :D I had a go at getting one of them out and it was well and truly stuck, so its a job for another day, but definitely must come out and be cleaned before they go back together.

3
CB350/400 / Re: cheap ultrasonic cleaner
« on: October 19, 2016, 08:10:38 PM »
I've had a go with the cleaner now and tried a variety of home made cleaning fluids including water/fairy liquid, water/morrisons multisurface cleaner, water/dissolved dishwasher tablet. The best result I had was with the dishwasher tablet. I found that a couple of 15min blasts worked well enough to clean the body, it seems to clean the side facing the bottom of the bowl best. I assume this is where the transducer is. Overall its pretty good for the money, its sold as a 2L capacity but its more like 1Ltr. The next one up is 3L which is also more powerful so would probably be better [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

4
CB350/400 / Re: cheap ultrasonic cleaner
« on: October 17, 2016, 09:07:16 PM »
I've been soaking the various jets in cellulose thinners and have soaked the rest in diesel for a couple of days to loosen up the crud. As soon as I've had a go with the ultrasonic cleaner ill put up some pictures and let you know what its like.

5
CB350/400 / cheap ultrasonic cleaner
« on: October 14, 2016, 05:30:07 PM »
Got the carbs to bits day before yesterday. Took me  while as the slides and float pins were completely gummed up and stuck solid. A couple of days soaking in diesel helped a lot! They're now all apart but the bowls are full of toffee-like gum which doesnt bode well for the jets etc, so....I've ordered one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PJRJYNS/ref=s9_simh_gw_g60_i1_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=91315J5EEQ16QZFPANT1&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=16f14aeb-bd11-4e9e-8c26-9ca0139074ee&pf_rd_i=desktop

It was only £30 and is probably not spectacular but I just wondered if any one else has tried this type?



6
New Member Introductions / Re: Another CB400f :D
« on: October 10, 2016, 09:15:35 PM »
This was it when I picked it up....

7
New Member Introductions / Re: Another CB400f :D
« on: October 10, 2016, 09:12:15 PM »
Thanks for the Welcome! Here's where I am with it so far. The purists wont like it as its not going to be original but its a lot better than when I got it :-)
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

8
New Member Introductions / Another CB400f :D
« on: October 10, 2016, 05:31:27 PM »
Hi All
I'd like to say I've just got my '77 F1 CB400f but I bought it about 6 months ago and started work on it a couple of months ago. Like many others I expect I had my original in the early 80s and always regretted selling it. Now I'm  Looking forward to getting this one on the road but its pretty rough having been parked up for 20 years in a brick outhouse! Still I've managed to unsieze it, strip and repaint the frame etc and now its 'just' a matter of replacing the worn out/rusted out parts and  making it run.
  :D

Pages: [1]