Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Marcosmini

Pages: [1]
1
New Member Introductions / Re: Newb with cb750, Bonnie Scotland
« on: January 06, 2017, 09:30:38 AM »
Whereabouts are you? I'm near Lochgilphead. Sounds an interesting project, always made a little bit more difficult by being so far from powdercoating, chroming, wheel building! Looking forward to seeing photos, Tapatalk is way to go!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2
New Member Introductions / Re: CB500 K1 In sunny Argyll, Scotland.
« on: January 03, 2017, 02:44:04 PM »
Damn that's some dent in the top of the tank.

Interesting project though.
I thought Honda had provided that as a flat surface to put a mug of tea! Works very well!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3
New Member Introductions / Re: CB500 K1 In sunny Argyll, Scotland.
« on: January 02, 2017, 04:16:59 PM »
If the footrests do not hinge up its a Japanese market one
Yes the footrests are fixed. Thanks.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4
New Member Introductions / Re: CB500 K1 In sunny Argyll, Scotland.
« on: January 02, 2017, 04:15:05 PM »
Is that one of those speed warning lights (as fitted to some Japanese market bikes I believe) in the steering stem nut or some other later addition?
That would make sense, it all looks original, with wiring coming out of the headset and going into headlamp shell. I've never seen or heard of that before! Is it set to a particular speed?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5
New Member Introductions / Re: Hi....
« on: January 01, 2017, 10:33:09 PM »
You can post directly from a mobile or iPad you need the Tapatalk app.
Steve


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hah! Brilliant info, thanks! Spent bloody ages trying to re-size photos on my ipad, thanks to you I've just done it in 2 mins!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6
New Member Introductions / Re: CB500 K1 In sunny Argyll, Scotland.
« on: January 01, 2017, 10:23:09 PM »
Hi Bryan, I have tried very hard to upload some pictures of the bike, without success! I also re-typing this after I lost the original! Anyway, the engine no. is 2031086, and frame no. CB500E 2031201. I was told that it was a Japanese police bike, and there are a few things that could back that up, it has a Japanese sticker on the tank, speedo in km., all service items and crucial bolts are daubed in yellow paint in typical army/service fashion.
It's original colour scheme was maroon/purple with black tank sides and a double white pinstripe, which is not a common colour?
Any info would be gratefully received, and I will try to add photos, but don't hold your breath!!




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7
New Member Introductions / Re: CB500 K1 In sunny Argyll, Scotland.
« on: December 31, 2016, 09:50:19 AM »
Hi Bryan, I have tried very hard to upload some pictures of the bike, without success! I also re-typing this after I lost the original! Anyway, the engine no. is 2031086, and frame no. CB500E 2031201. I was told that it was a Japanese police bike, and there are a few things that could back that up, it has a Japanese sticker on the tank, speedo in km., all service items and crucial bolts are daubed in yellow paint in typical army/service fashion.
It's original colour scheme was maroon/purple with black tank sides and a double white pinstripe, which is not a common colour?
Any info would be gratefully received, and I will try to add photos, but don't hold your breath!!

8
New Member Introductions / Re: CB500 K1 In sunny Argyll, Scotland.
« on: December 20, 2016, 10:14:36 PM »
Thanks, I will contact him, it would be useful to know its background.

9
New Member Introductions / CB500 K1 In sunny Argyll, Scotland.
« on: December 20, 2016, 04:31:04 PM »
Hello to all, I have just pulled out the 500/4 that I've owned for a couple of years, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it, it has chassis and engine numbers, but no reg docs, was told that it was a Japanese polis bike, but that may be suitable for an episode of Jackanory!
I like the street scrambler look, but part of me screams that it's wrong to do that to a bike that COULD be restored, but if I restore it, I won't want to ride it! (we live on a forest track, and it makes a right mess of any vehicle)
So far I've replaced the coils, and it turns over and sparks, but the carbs are in a shocking state, it's got water in to them at some point, and the corrosion is awful, the right hand two would salvage, but the left two are gubbed! (translation; fu**ed)
Other than that, the rest of it looks ok, could be run as an "oily ragger" if it wasn't Japanese!
I'm trying to locate a set, or part set of carbs, in order to try and get it running before I strip it and start on the re-build.
(Even a loan of a set would be very helpful!)  Neil.

Pages: [1]