Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Bigbadbob

Pages: [1]
1
CB750 / Re: CB750K2 Charging problem
« on: October 03, 2020, 08:12:31 PM »
All sorted, many thanks all of you. Just need some weather suitable to enjoy the ride :)

2
CB750 / Re: CB750K2 Charging problem
« on: October 02, 2020, 06:53:40 PM »
Thanks for all your help, I connected the red white wire directly to the battery and the bike is producing about 14.5 to 15.50 volts maximum at varying revs.

This same RED/WHITE wire was producing around 50V at 3000RPM when not connected to anything.

I've now just got to buy a new battery solenoid cable but I'll most probably do the modification BryanJ suggested.

Can someone advise if I can leave things as they or should I try and adjust my voltage regulator or even replace it, I can see Lobo's post and my voltage at the battery appears to be on the high side?

3
CB750 / Re: CB750K2 Charging problem
« on: October 02, 2020, 10:40:07 AM »
Hi and thanks for the replies,

After looking at your photos and comparing them to my situation it appears I have the correct wiring i.e. the white block connector that goes to the rectifier has the red and white wire together with the 3 yellow wires and the green wire. 
The spare red and white cable with the bullet connector appears that it should return to the battery and I need to simply buy an original Honda battery to solenoid cable which makes allowance for the red wire and the red and white wire with the bullet connector.
see attached photos.
I'll try and carry out checks that have been suggested and see how I get on, albeit as BrianJ has found out, I'm not the best with electrics hence why this problem is on going.
If any of you out there have the time, I would gladly pay for your services as I'm keen to see this problem resolved.
Thanks again.


4
CB750 / Re: CB750K2 Charging problem
« on: October 01, 2020, 06:44:20 PM »
Thanks for your reply, I'll try and and follow your photos with my loom and see where I get,

I'll also try an extra earth as you've suggested.

I'll be back in touch one way or the other.

Cheers

5
CB750 / CB750K2 Charging problem
« on: September 30, 2020, 06:20:28 PM »
Hi all, I'm really struggling with my bikes electrics, I've been speaking on and off to a member called Brian who's been really helpful but I think even he has ran out of ideas and said he would need to see the bike but he lives to far away from me.

The bike has never charged since I owned it and I've tried to live with it until this year.

After investigating if the stator is working as it should, the tests I have carried out confirm it is ok, I think?

I've recently fitted a new main wiring loom, but there is a spare red and white wire with a bullet connector which I believe should be connected to the positive cable from the battery to the solenoid, the old one only has one red wire that goes to the main and only fuse.

Looking at the correct cable, it should have a red and a red and white cable also. 

I thought I would simply replace this positive cable from the battery to the solenoid with a new cable and that would resolve the spare red and white wire problem.

Unfortunately this red and white wire is producing somewhere between 47 and 53 DC volts between 1000 and 3000 rpm!!

I've tried swapping the voltage regulator and the rectifier from another bike without any success.

I connected this red and white wire and an earth from the bike to an old battery which is only producing 11 volts and the voltage dropped to between 17 to 21 volts again at low revs.

If I connect this red and white wire to my positive cable from the battery to the solenoid I'm assuming it will burn out my battery and new loom?

Has anyone came across this problem before?

Hopefully someone can help.


6
CB750 / CB750 K2, My battery goes flat after a short ride.
« on: April 03, 2017, 10:24:08 PM »
Hi, hopefully someone out there be able to help me with my charging problem? I'm not very good when it comes to electrics and I've tried following some You Tube videos without success. 
Basically the expert in the video states that there is no point changing the rectifier if there is a problem with my voltage regulator or my field cores, also I read that if the yellow wires from the field cores are are not showing the correct resistance then then the bike won't charge.
I tried testing this last summer and my resistance was slightly down on all 3 yellow wires.
If I've got to spend the money and buy a new field core and a voltage regulator and a rectifier then I'll bite the bullet, but obviously don't want to waste my time and money if I don't need some of these parts.
Can anybody shed any light on the likely problem?
Thanks for any advise you can offer.

Pages: [1]