1
CB500/550 / Re: Mudguards
« on: September 06, 2025, 06:50:43 PM »
I bought a front one for my 550 from David Silvers, looks pretty good and a good fit.
Try our re-instated info resource - "Aladdin's Cave" (Main menu)
- sorry it's taken so long to fix 
|
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to. 1
CB500/550 / Re: Mudguards« on: September 06, 2025, 06:50:43 PM »
I bought a front one for my 550 from David Silvers, looks pretty good and a good fit.
2
CB500/550 / Re: Steering head bearings« on: August 31, 2025, 04:57:10 PM »
Did my 550 with a tapered set from All Balls Racing, supplied by Wemoto for £37.
Very easy to fit and no issues. One I used was AC7408. 4
Desperately Seeking!! / Re: CB550 k4 parts wanted« on: August 06, 2025, 06:46:55 PM »
I’ve always wondered where do these covers go?
They seem to be as rare as hens teeth, most of the bikes on eBay etc have them missing. It’s not like they can easily fall off when riding. 5
Desperately Seeking!! / Re: CB550 k4 parts wanted« on: August 06, 2025, 05:48:03 PM »
Would the earlier K0 fit instead? The lower part of the airbox looks the same.
6
CB500/550 / Re: Newer front brake« on: July 28, 2025, 12:20:35 PM »
What about adding a second disk?
7
CB500/550 / Re: camchain tensioner« on: July 27, 2025, 09:56:41 PM »
From memory, I think the Haynes manual says drop it in with the barrels. When the barrels are 10mm or so from being fully down, guide the end of the blade into its slot.
8
CB500/550 / Re: camchain tensioner« on: July 27, 2025, 02:16:36 PM »
Is the bottom end of the tensioner sitting properly in its groove in the case?
Very easy to fit it without it sitting in the correct place. 9
Misc / Open / Has anyone ever successfully repaired a carb float posts?« on: July 21, 2025, 08:37:08 PM »
Got a box of old carbs and someone has butchered the float posts on the carbs.
Just wondering if it would be possible to drill and tap the carb body and make a new post on the lathe? If i drill down into the carb body am I going to hit a passageway? Has anyone attempted a repair? One of the bodies, someone has tried to gas weld it by the look of it, the post is melted away to nothing. 10
Desperately Seeking!! / Re: Cb550 k1 carb no 4 wanted« on: July 20, 2025, 04:01:18 PM »
I think I have just the number 4 body, I’ll check tomorrow.
11
CB500/550 / Re: 550 MODIFICATION OF FUSE BOX & NEW STEERING LOCK FITMENT« on: June 29, 2025, 09:03:38 PM »
This is my modified electric plate bare.
The original rectifier and regulator were burnt out so I welded a plate to hold the solid state rectifier with a bracket in front to hold the fuse box. It all still fits perfectly under the side cover. 12
CB500/550 / Re: 550 MODIFICATION OF FUSE BOX & NEW STEERING LOCK FITMENT« on: June 29, 2025, 04:42:02 PM »Hi SteveIt’s 40mm wide, 65mm high and 40mm deep. 13
CB500/550 / Re: 550 MODIFICATION OF FUSE BOX & NEW STEERING LOCK FITMENT« on: June 28, 2025, 05:23:23 PM »
This is what I did to mine, think the fuse box was from eBay.
My electric plate is heavily modified to allow for a solid state rectifier. 14
CB750 / Re: Air filter box gasket« on: June 14, 2025, 09:17:11 PM »
Not tried it myself but look up Butyl tape.
The stuff they use to stick the plastic moisture barriers behind car door panels. Might work. 15
SOHC Singles & Twins / Re: High revs won’t drop back down« on: June 07, 2025, 12:43:32 PM »
Air leak on inlet rubbers?
|