Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Erny

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32
1
CB350/400 / CB350 / CL350 front wheel/hub specs
« on: August 31, 2026, 01:11:45 PM »
Hello all,

For my "project" (another bike where I'd like to implement Honda front brake) I'm looking for specs of front hub/wheel of CB350 (seems to be the same for CL350?)

I have no experience with this bike, but looking for these information:
- drum diameter
- confirm how many holes it has (36?)
- axle diameter / length
- total width of full setup to calculate if it will fit within my forks or alternatively, what is spece between CB350/CL350 forks?

Can somebody please provide such information?

Thanks

2
CB500/550 / Re: Hondaman CB500/550 book coming out
« on: March 18, 2025, 01:14:58 PM »
I was chatting witk Mark some months ago last time about this book, great it is coming soon now! :)

3
CB500/550 / Re: CB550K1 - rear shocks replacement - actual options?
« on: April 09, 2024, 10:34:31 PM »
Just found these on CMS : https://www.cmsnl.com/products/rr-cushion-set-non_00000kit0058/
any experience with them, they look like OEM ones
[/quot

I have a pair of the CMS Shocks on my CB550  K1 and they look fantastic and seem to deliver a smooth ride.

Thanks. I tend to try them due to their original look

4
CB500/550 / Re: CB550K1 - rear shocks replacement - actual options?
« on: April 02, 2024, 01:36:47 PM »
Nothing  ;D
It's there (like aways been), I'm just leaning in the curve so it's hidden. Unless photographer used photoshop to remove it, but I do not see reason to do so  ;)

5
CB500/550 / Re: CB550K1 - rear shocks replacement - actual options?
« on: April 02, 2024, 11:26:26 AM »
Just found these on CMS : https://www.cmsnl.com/products/rr-cushion-set-non_00000kit0058/
any experience with them, they look like OEM ones

6
CB500/550 / Re: Koni shocks - rebuild info
« on: April 02, 2024, 11:07:19 AM »
I need to check if there is some type number on my shocks, but obviously these are not 7610 type. However, length as OEM (~320mm) and except conflict with chain guard they fit

7
CB500/550 / Re: Koni shocks - rebuild info
« on: April 01, 2024, 11:52:28 PM »
Well question is if my shocks (aluminum lower body) are old or newer..

8
CB500/550 / CB550K1 - rear shocks replacement - actual options?
« on: April 01, 2024, 10:32:27 PM »
Linked to my other thread about Koni shocks that won't fit ideally, I'm considering other options to replace my stock shocks. Ideally, new one looking like OEM (chomed)

Any ideas what is actually available on the market and where to buy?
I was looking at TEC website but those declared as matching OEMs are not available... https://www.tecbikeparts.com/product/cb500f-cb550f-k-tec-chrome-shock-absorbers/ but have no idea about their performance anyway.

The reason I'm lloking for the replacement is very, very poor performance of OEM ones, bike is "jumping" on uneven surface and behaves very bad in curves... I simply need much better performance for my riding needs.

Photo of current bike with original shocks attached
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

9
CB500/550 / Re: Koni shocks - rebuild info
« on: April 01, 2024, 10:10:15 PM »
Need to check, but I did not spot any...

10
CB500/550 / Re: Koni shocks - rebuild info
« on: April 01, 2024, 09:43:00 PM »
Ahhh I see now - I have different shocks obviously...looks like yours have steel (chromed) body at the bottom (clevis). Mine are aluminium ones, much more massive. So, I need to look for another solution  :(

And I installed them correcty, there is no way to reverse it anyway - only one hole has thread - it need to go to wheel (bolt comes from pipes side). See pic in the beginning of this thread - this is outside side

11
CB500/550 / Re: Koni shocks - rebuild info
« on: April 01, 2024, 08:12:40 PM »
My Koni's are not chrome and - being a matter of taste ofcourse - I prefer the looks of the black ones. I guess it makes a black bike look faster. ;)

Reopening this therad - yesterday I wanted to install them on my bike, but I realised that left ne has conflict with chain cover-guard (I forgot to make photos). Options I have are - remove guard (I do not want), modify my guard (cutting piece or using hot gun change its shape where shock is touching it), or the last option (I believe the best one) is to optain another used guard and keep mine as original when I want to return to stock.

Delta - how did you manage that? Maybe you have another type of shocks that don§t have this problem?

12
CB500/550 / Re: Carb Cleaning Tips?
« on: March 31, 2024, 11:29:48 PM »
Thanks for all the great info and suggestions. Most of the small brass components are now looking pretty spruce and the little spring bit in all the needles is free (much soaking).

Im left with some corrosion and pitting on the outside walls of a couple of the emulsifier tubes although the pinholes look clean and uncorroded - I am assuming this OK?

Im going to make some replacement gaskets for the top cover above the slide arms using Flexiod from Amazon. It comes in a number of thicknesses. Can anyone tell me what thickness and if Flexoid is a poor choice, please shout out. Thanks, Mike

Mike, before deciding of you reuse brassware, check emulsification tubes for internal corrosion - I spent years investigation why I had one cyl spark plug always dark - see here https://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,25641.msg235103.html#msg235103

13
Out & About / Re: OUT AND ABOUT 2024
« on: March 31, 2024, 11:13:59 PM »
Yesterday season opening - unusually warm weather arrived here over this Easter weekend, pity for strong wind and sand from Sahara poluting air and preventing sunny weather. However during sunset it looks nice
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

14
mine goes back to top of the battery area

15
CB500/550 / Re: 550 K1 : up-shifting issues (mostly low RPMs)
« on: April 13, 2023, 11:02:34 AM »
Thanks Bryan for this confirmation. Hope story is over now ;)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32