Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Athame57

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 136
1
Misc / Open / Re: Stubborn grips
« on: Today at 10:00:18 PM »
If you're fitting the OEM ones like I stock, they should be pretty easy to fit on George.
Damn, I'm too late for that Julie, unless things go pear shaped with the ones I've ordered.

2
Misc / Open / Stubborn grips
« on: Today at 08:29:12 PM »
I'm soon to change for the first time in eight years my handle bar grips. I remember the hell of getting them on then, anyone know an easy way?

3
New Member Introductions / Re: New from Gothenburg, Sweden
« on: Today at 07:51:08 PM »
Hello Tommi ( how did Nurse Julie know your name?)
Welcome here, all the best with your project!  ;D

4
Misc / Open / Re: Parts price increases in a falling bike value market
« on: October 09, 2026, 02:01:19 AM »
As the value of classic bikes go down and the price of spares goes up I do worry that demand for parts will go down significantly. When that happens there won't be a viable market to make pattern parts any more! 🤔

I think this slump in value won't last myself, could it be a UK thing? Here we have made it so hard and expensive to get a full m/c license it has hit the number of proper motorcycles on the road hard.

5
Misc / Open / Re: Parts price increases in a falling bike value market
« on: October 08, 2026, 09:33:42 PM »
Depends if you want genuine or pattern mate, ive probably got used ones about if i can find them!
Lucky so far, I already have an indictor ordered years ago but not fitted, I wonder if I can dig up a brake lever?

6
Misc / Open / Re: Parts price increases in a falling bike value market
« on: October 08, 2026, 07:25:53 PM »
I'm just glad my bike is very much part of me and it isn't for sale. I wonder what a new brake lever and indicator lens is going to cost me. I was deliberately pushed off my bike by an e-bike rider and I could get very politically incorrect about it.

7
Out & About / Re: Out and About 2026
« on: October 08, 2026, 12:00:57 AM »

Is that the noise the bike makes going past?  Meeeee-owwww!

Usually, when it starts hissing you know it's going to let you down!

8
CB350/400 / Re: Brake squeal
« on: October 07, 2026, 11:27:24 AM »
I took my pads out and rubbed them hard on the pavement, squeaks and squealing stopped.  :)
In the meantime my drum has started squealing, no peace for the wicked!  ::)

9
Misc / Open / Re: Tacho bug
« on: October 06, 2026, 10:08:46 AM »
Could be round the back and laying eggs by the odometer  :D

There may be a herd ( what's collective noun for ladybird? ) next spring, then you'll have to farm aphid to feed the family  ;D  ;D

I'll let you know in spring!  ;)

10
Misc / Open / Re: Tacho bug
« on: October 06, 2026, 07:43:37 AM »
Hello Dave
It has actually done a vanishing act, hopefully a case of 'Ladybird, ladybird fly away.....' :D

11
Project Board / Re: 400/4 Restoration Project
« on: October 05, 2026, 05:29:04 PM »
Hi Rob
Why not introduce yourself on the New Members Forum here, and you'll soon have the five posts you need to post some pics of this bike.  ;)

12
Other Bikes / Re: Whether we like it or not!
« on: October 05, 2026, 10:53:28 AM »
Chinese bikes are coming so ignore them at your peril!

At my age I couldn't give a hoot about the Yellow Peril ( I'll keep flying bananas out of it.  ;D ) If their bikes are more reliable than their damn tin openers the Japanese big four could be in trouble.

13
Misc / Open / Re: Tacho bug
« on: October 03, 2026, 09:46:29 AM »
Definitely caught the “bug”! You’re going to be limited to 5k or she’s going to have to hang on. Of course it might move. You wouldn’t want it jammed up in the intricate workings of the gauge, don’t know if that’s possible haven’t studied inside of these.

Your concern is misplaced Johnny, the needle clears her head, neck and shell. She will not be pushed around  the clock nor will she do an Anne Boleyn!  ;D

14
Other Bikes / Re: Whether we like it or not!
« on: October 02, 2026, 10:13:19 PM »
I hope it is as good as it looks. I would have thought the Chinese would have given a tourer a name like Long March or something!

15
Misc / Open / Re: Tacho bug
« on: October 02, 2026, 07:26:45 PM »
The remains will fall to bits, unlikely to damage anything.

Well, for the time being lets see the bright side, she is colour matched to the bike!  ;D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 136